Covid Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The question I pose is this - If information comes to light that we are creating a super bug though vaccination pressure, will be double down or except our fate of natural herd immunity?
Double down. mRNA vaccines can be easily tailored to suit.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I went to another forum I have been active on and found an old post from November 19, 2020. So it is some weeks old and may be out of date. The numbers may be different by now. I attempted to look up more recent numbers this morning but have not found them. Perhaps the CDC is no longer giving out the stats for some reason.

Hello; Just looked up the more recent information. Overall recovery rate is given at from between 97% to 99.75%. With 94.6% for 70 and older ( I am 73 so still not bad numbers)

For age groups it is told as this age 0 to 19 years old recovery is 99.997% ; age 20 to 49 recovery is 99.98%; 50 to 69 recovery is 99.5% and over 70 is 94.6 %.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I went to another forum I have been active on and found an old post from November 19, 2020. So it is some weeks old and may be out of date. The numbers may be different by now. I attempted to look up more recent numbers this morning but have not found them. Perhaps the CDC is no longer giving out the stats for some reason.

Hello; Just looked up the more recent information. Overall recovery rate is given at from between 97% to 99.75%. With 94.6% for 70 and older ( I am 73 so still not bad numbers)

For age groups it is told as this age 0 to 19 years old recovery is 99.997% ; age 20 to 49 recovery is 99.98%; 50 to 69 recovery is 99.5% and over 70 is 94.6 %.
By “recovery” I assume you mean “alive” as opposed to “doing just fine, as if never infected” or am I assuming too much?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
By “recovery” I assume you mean “alive” as opposed to “doing just fine, as if never infected” or am I assuming too much?
Hello; Been a while since I read the source but do think it means alive. I do not know personally if any stats have been made available about those with lingering problems. Keep in mind this was back last November.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

there you go. 1.8% mortality rate in the us.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Been a while since I read the source but do think it means alive. I do not know personally if any stats have been made available about those with lingering problems. Keep in mind this was back last November.
The current CASE fatality rate sits around 1..8% for the US. (Take number of deaths and divide by number of known infections to arrive at this number).
This number will likely go up over time as a result of current ~7.5 million “known infected” who have neither recovered or passed on.

The INFECTION fatality rate is derived by dividing the number of deaths by an estimation of “actual” infections (insert whatever number you wish).
I‘m assuming this is where one particular respondent is going wrong when he asserts that the survival rate is >99.9%
You could easily manipulate that number to be whatever you want it to be, outside of 100%.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It’s hard to have any intelligent discussion (in general, not this thread in particular) when so many people believe in conspiracies and are Qanon followers
Why and how did we got to this point?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s hard to have any intelligent discussion (in general, not this thread in particular) when so many people believe in conspiracies and are Qanon followers
Good question.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
People getting brainwashed to "own the libs" whatever the cost in addition to idealizing ignorance.

Like what the hell is it with people thinking vaccines have microchips. People carry around microchips in their pockets and bring them into their home consensually.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was trying to show that even if you survive you could be very sick for the rest of your life.
true, but only because the MEDICAL people allowed the disease to reach full-blown pathology instead of nipping in the bud toot suite before wholesale damage was wrought.

Your plumber doesn't tell you to just ignore the leak in the bathroom until the whole floor is rotted out and drywall is falling off the ceiling on the floor below, before having him come over. And yet that is precisely what American Big Med has been doing for over a year.

Do we wait for tumors, hematomas, and ulcers to go untreated and worsen by the hour? Or bacterial infections and boils to multiply, burst and weep puss? Or Titsi fly cavities and intestinal parasites to multiply unchecked? NO! we get in there pronto and fix the problem with all due haste.

So why does American Big Med just let Wuhan fester and symptoms worsen unchecked till you're so sick your survival rates are dropping rapidly? Only to resort to utterly discredited and 95% ineffective protocols?

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
true, but only because the MEDICAL people allowed the disease to reach full-blown pathology instead of nipping in the bud toot suite before wholesale damage was wrought.

Your plumber doesn't tell you to just ignore the leak in the bathroom until the whole floor is rotted out and drywall is falling off the ceiling on the floor below, before having him come over. And yet that is precisely what American Big Med has been doing for over a year.

Do we wait for tumors, hematomas, and ulcers to go untreated and worsen by the hour? Or bacterial infections and boils to multiply, burst and weep puss? Or Titsi fly cavities and intestinal parasites to multiply unchecked? NO! we get in there pronto and fix the problem with all due haste.

So why does American Big Med just let Wuhan fester and symptoms worsen unchecked till you're so sick your survival rates are dropping rapidly? Only to resort to utterly discredited and 95% ineffective protocols?
You kind of forget that the world wide response to covid was about the same... from Chile to Europe....
You seems to have a chip on your shoulder with the medical community....

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What a bunch of asinine comments.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anti-vaxers will always find some arguments that support their beliefs; usually from other anti-vaxers. You are not going to change their minds. You would have more luck teaching your dog algebra.
‘My dog is pretty smart. He can count. If I only give him two scoops of kibble instead of three he complains.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You kind of forget that the world wide response to covid was about the same... from Chile to Europe..
actually the '3rd world' (India, SouthAmerica, Africa) and a decent cross-section of Asia practiced medicine (eg. HCQ and other anti-clotting/anti-inflamatories) fairly early on and saved their populations. Only in 1st world countries did the medical establishment refuse to pursue effective solutions and instead play politics with people's lives.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.