GT-350 Colgan Bra

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
Just ordered a Colgan 2 piece bra for front end protection. Anyone have any experience with these on the 350?
I had one for my SHO and it did an excellent job of protecting the front from bugs and dings. It was a bit of work to remove it and replace it. Just wondering how they work on the Mustang.
Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just ordered a Colgan 2 piece bra for front end protection. Anyone have any experience with these on the 350?
I had one for my SHO and it did an excellent job of protecting the front from bugs and dings. It was a bit of work to remove it and replace it. Just wondering how they work on the Mustang.
Funny!!!:) You can thank me for that Colgan GT350 bra! I pleaded and negotiated with them for eight months during 2019 and 2020 to get them to make a bra for my 2019 GT350! After some meaningful and productive discussions with the President of CoverCraft Industries, (they own Colgan), he agreed to have his people design one. A very nice, understanding, and patient individual LOL! It's not an easy or inexpensive process for them to design a bra, so I was extremely pleased with their decision to design one for a limited production or customer requested GT350. I received the first one last year and it fits perfectly. I've used Colgan Bras for my past 3 GT500's since 2007 and some of our BMW's. I've found them to be of excellent quality and they definitely protect the vulnerable front end paint. I only use it for long trips and it does the job of keeping the front clip free of rock chips, bugs, and all other material that shows up on our interstates! Colgans do fit tight which is a good thing at highway speeds and they are the best bra available. Hope you enjoy yours! So glad you ordered one! At least they've sold two!! :crackup:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Colgan bra
Might be a good inexpensive and quick option for guys traveling long distances after purchase. $255.00

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It can be a chore to maintain the bra. They will get pebbles and sand embedded on the underside of the bra. So you have to check it and clean it as necessary. People who have scratching and marring issues, I often wonder how much they clean the bra. The best way I have found is to hit them with compressed air, then take a stiff bristle brush and scrub the bottom side to dislodge the debris. That's always worked for me and my hood is a perfect mirror, never had issues. It's all kind of a pain, but around here clear bra isn't enough. The "rocks" on the road are more than enough to break right through clear bra and dent any surface it hits. A removable bra is the best defense I've found.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Ok I used one on several cars in the past last one being my 2005 GTO I had. Never had any rub marks or problems. But here's what you do. Put a thick coat of paste wax over paint everywhere bra will be and DON'T polish it off, leave it on there hazy. When dry put bra on you won't see the wax. When you do take bra off to clean because of bugs etc. put it in bathtub filled with dish soap warm water over top of it. Scrub it with a soft bristle brush. Then rinse it with warm clean water till soap gone ( I used my shower sprayer). Then hang it over top of shower curtain overnight to dry. It will look as good as new. Oh! and that paste wax dried on car, just buff it shinny just like waxing car. No scratches, no rocks car will look like bra was never on there. This all sounds like a pain but it really isn't.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I can't stand look of the bra on the cars. Remind me of 80s era. I have PPF over a year now and happy with it.

OP
OP
mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I can't stand look of the bra on the cars. Remind me of 80s era. I have PPF over a year now and happy with it.
I have that on our Ranger, but it does tend to discolor over the years.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm.... Interesting. Is there enough slack in the ties for it to work on a GT350R? Just looking at the bumper piece that would connect over the front lip.

OP
OP
mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Funny!!!:) You can thank me for that Colgan GT350 bra! I pleaded and negotiated with them for eight months during 2019 and 2020 to get them to make a bra for my 2019 GT350! After some meaningful and productive discussions with the President of CoverCraft Industries, (they own Colgan), he agreed to have his people design one. A very nice, understanding, and patient individual LOL! It's not an easy or inexpensive process for them to design a bra, so I was extremely pleased with their decision to design one for a limited production or customer requested GT350. I received the first one last year and it fits perfectly. I've used Colgan Bras for my past 3 GT500's since 2007 and some of our BMW's. I've found them to be of excellent quality and they definitely protect the vulnerable front end paint. I only use it for long trips and it does the job of keeping the front clip free of rock chips, bugs, and all other material that shows up on our interstates! Colgans do fit tight which is a good thing at highway speeds and they are the best bra available. Hope you enjoy yours! So glad you ordered one! At least they've sold two!! :crackup:
Thanks for your work, I was very pleased with the one for my SHO. Never a rub mark from it and it was easy to clean and a quick spray of 303 Protectant kept it looking new.

Sponsored

ParmesanPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'09 Honda Civic, '16 GT350 Tech
Just got my Colgan two-piece bra delivered a couple days ago, and tried installing it today. It's an incredibly tight fit, almost frustrating. The instructions recommend letting it sit in warm sunlight for 30 minutes to make the vinyl material stretch more easily, and I don't think the hood piece would have ever gone on without that step.

I (eventually) got the hood piece on, but I never got the bottom piece fitted. The corners around the headlights are proving to be a real P.I.T.A. and not even close to fitting. The instructions say the material stretches as much as two inches, but it sure doesn't feel like it. The pictures in the included instructions are so low-quality they're practically useless. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Any tips/tricks for getting it on would be greatly appreciated!

My complaining aside, it does seem rugged and I can't wait to use it on my next road trip. My clear bra film is utterly trashed after only a few hundred miles, and my plastic trim on the front fascia is shredded from years of cruises. The Colgan Bra will preserve the replacement parts I eventually buy!

OP
OP
mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I haven't tried to install mine yet due to my busy schedule. I found with the one I had on the SHO that it was best to put it on as much as possible, then allow,some time and heat from the sun to relax the vinyl. Eventually, it will stretch and relax to the point that you can get the bra completely and correctly installed but I understand how frustrating it can be when it is brand new.

Deleted member 35644

It's nice to see someone else likes these things. I had several over the years, and you can't beat the protection. I'm OCD about clean, so it was just another task in life to remove, clean & re-install. Never a mark, never an issue.

Civic.jpg
Sundance.jpg
Altima.jpg

OP
OP
mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Here's my SHO this is from the Ford Nationals a few years ago.
I found that to keep the bra nice and not fog or hurt the finish you have to be very diligent in removing the bra if it gets wet and clean it inside and out frequently. On the exterior of the bra I like using Aerospace 303 Protectant, some of the best stuff I have found for vinyl. I even use it on the Convertible top of my '98 Mustang GT.

20190531_172726.jpg

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Wasn't there a company that made a more "spandex-looking" bra? Wondering if there's something that could be used on a track day. Do tracks even allow bras?
Sponsored