Sponsored

Ford is spying on you and sharing your personal information [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Which year mustangs have this? How would I know if my car does this?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Which year mustangs have this? How would I know if my car does this?
FordPass Connect started in 2018. In Mustangs it started in 2019 but only on the 201A/401A packages (except the Bullitt). In 2020 it became standard on all models.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Oof. The conspiracy theories and fear in this thread are strong.

As an IT professional, I hate to brake it to you, but Ford is the least of your worries in relation to data privacy. Ask yourself, as you type your enraged response to my first line, how many stops is your data making before reaching the servers these forums are on? What did you agree to when you signed up to be a member on these forums? For that matter, what are you inherently consenting to when you search for new headers on Google or Bing?

Yes, data privacy is important. However, it is your choice to opt into these services. No one is forcing you to. So before some of you feel personally butthurt to Ford about putting modems in their cars and tracking data related to you using their services, think about what your data means to you.

IF anyone is interested in me going into more detail about what kind of data Ford tracks and where it could be going, I can definitely do that. I will say, however, from what I can read, Ford is not tracking anything the world doesn't already know about you.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

As an IT professional, I hate to brake it to you, but Ford is the least of your worries in relation to data privacy. As yourself, as you type your enraged response to my first line, how many stops is your data making before reaching the servers these forums are on? What did you agree to when you signed up to be a member on these forums? For that matter, what are you inherently consenting to when you search for new headers on Google or Bing?

Yes, data privacy is important. However, it is your choice to opt into these services. No one is forcing you to. So before some of you feel personally butthurt to Ford about putting modems in their cars and tracking data related to you using their services, think about what your data means to you.

IF anyone is interested in me going into more detail about what kind of data Ford tracks and where it could be going, I can definitely do that. I will say, however, from what I can read, Ford is not tracking anything the world doesn't already know about you.
1613142054546.png

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I never read their hundred pages of agreements I just go to the bottom and hit agree. I do it for everything from mortgage(my house is paid for) to car insurance, unless someone is watching me then I just pretend to read it. I really don't care who's watching me drive my car, or go shopping or what websites I visit, or what kind of detergent I use. And I don't give a rip. Ahhh... ignorance is bliss.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

As an IT professional, I hate to break it to you, but Ford is the least of your worries in relation to data privacy. Ask yourself, as you type your enraged response to my first line, how many stops is your data making before reaching the servers these forums are on? What did you agree to when you signed up to be a member on these forums? For that matter, what are you inherently consenting to when you search for new headers on Google or Bing?

Nailed it ............. This thread is good for laughs. Ford is the least of their worries. It is my ex wife flying around on her broom that I worry about. :crackup:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

As an IT professional, I hate to brake it to you, but Ford is the least of your worries in relation to data privacy. Ask yourself, as you type your enraged response to my first line, how many stops is your data making before reaching the servers these forums are on? What did you agree to when you signed up to be a member on these forums? For that matter, what are you inherently consenting to when you search for new headers on Google or Bing?

^^^ Point spot on. That’s what I’ve been saying too.... everyone’s shit has been tracked the moment you busted out of the womb....

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Just 2019 Bullitt models specifically, some sort of Factory error. I think some 2018's have them but I'm not sure of the criteria.
Well, this makes my '19 worth a LOT more than a '20 ;)

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I never read their hundred pages of agreements I just go to the bottom and hit agree. I do it for everything from mortgage(my house is paid for) to car insurance, unless someone is watching me then I just pretend to read it. I really don't care who's watching me drive my car, or go shopping or what websites I visit, or what kind of detergent I use. And I don't give a rip. Ahhh... ignorance is bliss.
1613165589299.png

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed

My issue is that as fair as I'm aware, Ford have not been forthcoming in disclosing what data they collect and for what use. Do they require you to opt-in to data collection, or do they just do it anyway?

I will admit that I have a 2018, so it probably doesn't apply to me. It's the lack of transparency generally that gets up my nose.

My whole family is well aware of data privacy. I don't use Google services, I don't do Social Media (this forum is about as close as it gets). To have my car tattle on my driving habits which is of no-ones concern my mine is like treason.

If you do have details of what Ford collects and why, I'm all ears!

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Soon with GPS you'll be getting speeding tickets in the mail. Just watch. That said, love my zero tech 300A car haha.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

As an IT professional, I hate to brake it to you, but Ford is the least of your worries in relation to data privacy. Ask yourself, as you type your enraged response to my first line, how many stops is your data making before reaching the servers these forums are on? What did you agree to when you signed up to be a member on these forums?
For starters, this forum and others that I am a member of do not get the kinds of information that Ford's telematics system would collect, and as far as I know none of the sites I go to have the ability to track me when I'm on the move. I refuse requests to track my location, which would be transmitted from a laptop that hardly ever leaves the house..

For that matter, what are you inherently consenting to when you search for new headers on Google or Bing?
What's a "new header"? Never heard that before in the context of an internet search.

The objection would be about essentially being forced to accept such tracking as a condition of being allowed to buy a Ford vehicle. I don't think that's much different from "we'll sell you this Mustang for $40k, but reserve the right to bill you for more money in the future that you will be obligated to pay".

Chances are pretty good that "the world" knows more about most people than it knows about me.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My issue is that as fair as I'm aware, Ford have not been forthcoming in disclosing what data they collect and for what use. Do they require you to opt-in to data collection, or do they just do it anyway?

I will admit that I have a 2018, so it probably doesn't apply to me. It's the lack of transparency generally that gets up my nose.

My whole family is well aware of data privacy. I don't use Google services, I don't do Social Media (this forum is about as close as it gets). To have my car tattle on my driving habits which is of no-ones concern my mine is like treason.

If you do have details of what Ford collects and why, I'm all ears!
Here you go. Knock your self out. By the way nobody ever reads this stuff.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-terms-and-conditions.html

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Soon with GPS you'll be getting speeding tickets in the mail. Just watch. That said, love my zero tech 300A car haha.
You can already get speeding tickets in the mail and you do not need a connected car to get them. They are radar speed traps and there are signs on the roads that have them. I got caught on 95 once in between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.