Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I didn’t hear what octane. I’m assuming 93 if just on the Roush tune. Do the Roush tunes add any timing based on octane because I didn’t think they did?
It adds timing based on lack of knock.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
BMW M5 Competition on the Mexico Highway got taken down by my 19 Roush Stage 3. I saw the M5 get on the highway and he preceded to blow past me to get my attention I guess and pulled in front of me, which he did get my attention, and then he slowed down to see what I would do. My wife said go for it and so we did. We went from about 65 to 140ish and I had him by just a bit over 2 cars. I was in Sport+ and no 123mph bug at all. Got to say that last calibration took care of the intermittent 123 issue. Guy was really cool and pulled up and gave a thumbs up.

On my way back from Mexico I did some 60-130 pulls in Drive, Track and Drag modes and no 123 issue. Only thing I haven’t tried was putting the shifter in S. I definitely think the revised calibration did the trick with the shifts and improved drivability.
What RPM did you see the 6-7 shift at?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I wonder what the tuning difference is between a 2019 Stage 3 Roush and the 750 HP phase 2....if any? The 2019 Roush was rated at 710, correct? It would not surprise me if they were actually identical. Roush's crank HP ratings don't mean much to me.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I wonder what the tuning difference is between a 2019 Stage 3 Roush and the 750 HP phase 2....if any? The 2019 Roush was rated at 710, correct? It would not surprise me if they were actually identical. Roush's crank HP ratings don't mean much to me.
Your absolutely right Bruce. The 710hp that the 2019 Roush Stage 3 came with are definitely underrated. I recall having a conversation with Lyle Sturgis from Tindol Roush in NC that the Roush Stage 3’s were underrated and it had something to do with some sort of agreement between Roush & Ford to not advertise power numbers comparable to the soon to be released Ford flagship vehicle 2020 Shelby GT500. I can definitely tell by how my car runs against other vehicles there is definitely truth to that. I knew right off the bat when I ran it up against my 18 Hellcat Charger and saw the results I knew it was definitely underrated.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does brenspeed say what fuel he used on the 138 pass?
Got a response from BreenSpeed

"This car has the Roush flash on it. I typically run 93 octane which is easy to get here in Indiana. When I go to the track I add a little VP MS109 mixture for safety. These high compression engines love octane and Roush flash will adjust timing and fuel for low or high octane. "

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I received my UPR catch can today part # 5030-98-1 it looks like the hose will be too short to reach the supercharger. The directions in the box only include install for 15-17 n/a mustang. Can anyone give me reassurance that it will fit?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I received my UPR catch can today part # 5030-98-1 it looks like the hose will be too short to reach the supercharger. The directions in the box only include install for 15-17 n/a mustang. Can anyone give me reassurance that it will fit?
It will. Same one I use.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Your absolutely right Bruce. The 710hp that the 2019 Roush Stage 3 came with are definitely underrated. I recall having a conversation with Lyle Sturgis from Tindol Roush in NC that the Roush Stage 3’s were underrated and it had something to do with some sort of agreement between Roush & Ford to not advertise power numbers comparable to the soon to be released Ford flagship vehicle 2020 Shelby GT500. I can definitely tell by how my car runs against other vehicles there is definitely truth to that. I knew right off the bat when I ran it up against my 18 Hellcat Charger and saw the results I knew it was definitely underrated.
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I did not know that.
There's where I bought my '19 Roush Stage 3 from and he was my salesman as well. Super nice guy!

Boostedgrabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Got a response from BreenSpeed

"This car has the Roush flash on it. I typically run 93 octane which is easy to get here in Indiana. When I go to the track I add a little VP MS109 mixture for safety. These high compression engines love octane and Roush flash will adjust timing and fuel for low or high octane. "
Where is the video and what did he have done to he’s car and what was the time?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how much the headers helped Brenspeed, considering they kept the Roush cal. The headers and losing the cats must have helped considering that 138 mph trap speed. That is pretty incredible.