coil over kit

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Just had a coil over kit professionally installed that was manufactured by ISC. The car is now almost undriveable. It just bounces up and down from the smallest bumps in the road. Major bumps almost make you lose control. So, I need info from you guys who have bought coil over kits and are happy with what you have. Let me know.
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Just had a coil over kit professionally installed that was manufactured by ISC. The car is now almost undriveable. It just bounces up and down from the smallest bumps in the road. Major bumps almost make you lose control. So, I need info from you guys who have bought coil over kits and are happy with what you have. Let me know.
Needs to be adjusted. Bring it back to the shop and have them stiffen the ride.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
They tried adjusting it from the stiffest to the least. The bouncing actually got worse as they stiffened the adjustment.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Lowered front 2 1/2, back 2. Bouncing comes mainly from the rear and the mechanic said that if we raised it, it might reduce the bouncing. Trouble is I got the coil over because I wasn't satisfied with how much the rear had lowered from lowering springs. So now I have the height I want but not the ride.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you're bouncing off the bump stops. Only sag the the car 1", not the silly 2+ inches. Do your shocks even letyou get back to OE height or at most 1"?

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
I have only one thing to say. If you make a product that states that it can be dropped 3 inches front and back; you would think that it would have been engineered so that it would still be drivable, no matter how far you lowered it within those limits.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
their website is full of words but NOT ONE actual data element. No spring rate info, no drop range info, no piston or shaft diameter, nada, zilch. It's the same (or worse) cheap crap every Tom and Jerry sells for $1000 a set. Return them and get proper parts.

What previous 'drop' springs did you have? You might be able to retrofit those springs onto these units but I still wouldn't hold out hope the damping isn't total excrement.

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
You're bouncing off the bumpstops. If you want to go that low you will need to shorten the front struts and rear shocks. With the ISC rear shock design you will most likely have rear shock mount issues if you don't get it fixed.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
It is a coil over kit. It comes with supposedly matched front struts and rear shocks. They are supposed to be designed so that what has happened would never happen.

The old lowering springs were from Ford Peformance. Don't have anything against them as far as how the car handled, just wanted to drop the rear more than they allowed.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They are supposed to be designed so that what has happened would never happen.
they are $1000 cheap-shit Chinese knock offs "put together" by people who don't have the first friggin' clue. They can't even put a spec sheet together on the website. You wasted $1000, sorry man. Cram it back onto the seller.

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
You would hope but it's not always the case. ISC uses a threaded body to attach the lower mounting points to the knuckle in the front and control arm in the rear. You will need to loosen the jam nut locking the strut/shock assembly and thread the bodies further into the mounting parts to regain some of your bump travel.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, but my mechanic is making a report to American Muscle about the problems with install and their affects on the car. I needed that so that I could return the junk and get my money back. Once that is done I will do better research before I buy something again. Went with the reviews for ISC on AM and that apparently is probably edited in some way to make the product look better than it is.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Went with the reviews for ISC on AM and that apparently is probably edited in some way to make the product look better than it is.
people who previously bought the ISC setup likely wouldn't know good suspension even if they tripped over it.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
A real CO kit is adjustable like Vorschlag's MCS shock combo or Cortex JRi or JRZ. You will be in the $5k zone. Penskes from the famous guy I forget his name is $10k. Ridetech is OK for street maybe Auto-x but not really for racing. I do not know a single person racing on Ridetechs. Ridetech has the best out of the box rear shock mounts to support the thin metal. There is no data regarding the consistency of valving over a race distance like the real CO's like MCS etc.. Real shocks can also be revalved in the aftermarket by any rebuilder. Ridetechs are so much cheaper than the others and that's where they shine. If they could offer race winning performance at 25% the price everyone would be racing on them.

If you bottom shocks you will rip this metal. BMR has the best new rear shock mount which adds support to the thin metal. If I was doing street performance and wanted to control the ride height I would go with Ground Control. They have the best and cheapest system using standard spring location with adjustable perch. There could be others like MM?
Sponsored