Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My 2017's windshield got sand blasted on a track day. A guy that went out two cars before us was cutting corners. We backed off but it happened pretty quickly. That was at the Colorado state police training course.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
all I got out of that post was that you've owned the car for nearly a year and only have 970 miles on it. šŸ˜Ÿ
LOL. I know. My family says the same as to why I donā€™t get out and drive more often. Itā€™s not like I am going to take it with me when Iā€™m nothing but dust and bones.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
'16 Tech. 26,000 miles. Engine is quiet as a mouse, burns no oil. Rear end and driveshaft replaced at 6,000 miles due to noise and vibration, ac evaporator replaced twice, front rotors replaced, a year later F/R rotors replaced. All warranty. Four months after the second a/c evaporator was replaced ac was not cooling. Pressures were low, while evacuating the system prior to recharging it we discovered the stems on both schrader valves were bent causing a slow leak. After getting past this stuff car has been great!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Is it against forum rules to post Iā€™m pleased with my ā€˜19 GT350 twice on the same thread?

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Took my 19 R out this morning to a Cars and Coffee here in the panhandle of Florida. 29 degrees this morning...No issues.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Took my 19 R out this morning to a Cars and Coffee here in the panhandle of Florida. 29 degrees this morning...No issues.
Crazy it's warmer here in Colorado. Tomorrow it's back to mostly 40 degree days with a couple 30 degree days mixed in. For a while anyway.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy it's warmer here in Colorado. Tomorrow it's back to mostly 40 degree days with a couple 30 degree days mixed in. For a while anyway.
Coldest Christmas in many years according to the weather. Just a few days, I can deal with it.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my 16 GT350 track pack at close to 14k miles in summer of 2019, no issues at all... Had no oil consumptions issues either (it was also tracked).
My current 16 GT350R is at 6700 miles now, and runs really really well. When I got it I realized the engine even sounded like my previous track pack, which is a good thing, as that was reliable.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I sold my 16 GT350 track pack at close to 14k miles in summer of 2019, no issues at all... Had no oil consumptions issues either (it was also tracked).
My current 16 GT350R is at 6700 miles now, and runs really really well. When I got it I realized the engine even sounded like my previous track pack, which is a good thing, as that was reliable.
Did you trade at a dealership?

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Did you trade at a dealership?
No, never do... Make more money with a private sale, most of the time... Trading in is making money for the dealer. If I have to buy from a dealer, I have a better bargaining power with cash...

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
No, never do... Make more money with a private sale, most of the time... Trading in is making money for the dealer. If I have to buy from a dealer, I have a better bargaining power with cash...
OK, just curious about effort it takes to sell a newer generation Shelby. I sold my 66 and 67 Shelby a couple years ago and the 60's Shelby were easy to sell.
After driving the my new Shelby, all of my older cars are great memories but they never provided the same driving experience. I know that goes without saying, but I use to think the older cars were as good as it might get.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Do you live in Denver? Thats so crazy because I thought the Denver area got harsh winters (because of the mountains and the big ski/snowboarding activity).

Is the southern part of the state warm? (Its near New Mexico which is a desert like Arizona from my understanding so I'm assuming its warm)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Do you live in Denver? Thats so crazy because I thought the Denver area got harsh winters (because of the mountains and the big ski/snowboarding activity).

Is the southern part warm? (Its near New Mexico which is a desert like Arizona from my understanding)
We live just south of Denver and are close to the mountains. Much of the snow falls in the mountains and then again east of us.
I took the Shelby out for a ride today. Back down into the 40's tomorrow.
Sponsored