Sponsored

Ceramic coating wheels

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Hey guys recently picked up a set of wider gloss black wheels. Coming from smaller gloss black wheels I know what a pain it is to clean them and maintain them. So while these are new I want to do proper prep to them to make cleaning them easier and prevent swirls in the paint. I was thinking of ceramic coating them myself but most products on amazon are made for a whole car which seems like a waste to me since I won’t be doing the whole car. Does anyone have any recommendations on a smaller size that would do the wheels or any other recommendations for keeping the wheels clean.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
CarPro DLUX can be used on both wheels and plastic trims. I used it for the black lower body trims and intend to do the wheels soon.

IMG_6860.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
CarPro DLUX can be used on both wheels and plastic trims. I used it for the black lower body trims and intend to do the wheels soon.

IMG_6860.jpg
Not heard of the coating used on the trim, interesting. Does it change the appearance of the finish, as in more glossy ?

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering, if you're using Gtechniq why not use their dedicated wheel sealant?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 1.09.30 PM.png
I follow Matt from obsessed garage. The regular stuff seems to work very well. I feel he would have used the wheel stuff if it was as good.

I also like gelee from Ammo, not as permanent but works well.

OP
OP

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Thanks everyone for sharing the great products and input I’ll be sure to look into all of them as soon as I can. Another question, would coating the wheels repel brake dust or would it just make it easier to clean or both?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks everyone for sharing the great products and input I’ll be sure to look into all of them as soon as I can. Another question, would coating the wheels repel brake dust or would it just make it easier to clean or both?
Both :)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Not heard of the coating used on the trim, interesting. Does it change the appearance of the finish, as in more glossy ?
DLUX is CarPro's wheel and trim coating. On the textured black plastic trims on the Mustang, I found that it added depth to the finish with some sheen but not high gloss.

https://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html

IMG_6872.jpg

IMG_6874.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg
Sponsored