Looking for a good tune

SwoleCole

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 Mustang
I purchased a 2015 V6 mustang and have just started getting into modding. I have already added in a Cold Air Intake from Roush, and am about to install an x-pipe and Outlaw axle back from Flowmaster. I am looking into getting it tuned after I put in a new throttle body and am unsure where to start. Any recommendations for either a tuner I can buy or places I can go to get it tuned in the central Jersey area?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Unleashed Tuning - Torrie. The v6 tune from Ford factory is an abomination. After Torrie is done with it it'll actually rev and pull hard. Save the money on a useless TB.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
MPT 93 PRX, especially if it's an auto.

If you want to spend more money on other mods: ported intakes (P3, not AMR), cat delete, and 3.73 gears.

If you want to actually be fast: skip the above and go for boost or just save your money for the next car. As much as I love my car, I'll love the next one more and slightly regret the money I've put into it for that reason lol.

Deleted member 35644

Unleashed Tuning - Torrie. The v6 tune from Ford factory is an abomination. After Torrie is done with it it'll actually rev and pull hard. Save the money on a useless TB.
Is this the tune you're referring to? I'm thinking about it....
Screenshot_20210502-191618_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Give me a high level of how I go about installing the Unleashed tune on my V6. I got an e-mail from Torrie, which contained a link to a REV-X tuner that apparently has the tune pre-loaded. Keeping in mind that it's not my intention to tinker with the tune, is this the best route for me? I'm literally looking for something to get rid of the ridiculous rev hang, and if there are some performance gains that come along with that, so be it.

A lot of the guys in the Focus ST forums talked about tunes bought from various vendors and loaded through their laptops, so I'm wondering if a custom tuner is required.

What say you?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have my old SCT brand V6 tuner around here I'm pretty sure. I can send it to Torrie to break the current ECU marriage...

Once in hand, you give Torrie the serial numbers off the device and also read off your engine ECU id number (it shows on the tuner) when you connect it to your car. Ask him for the "Matt" tune parameters. /sorta-kidding

He will then generate a map for you and send it via email.
You download his file and install the SCT desktop "flashing" application to your windows laptop. You also use that same tool to update your SCT to the most current "device files" aka firmware.

You install Torrie's tune file onto your device and walk out to the car and plug it back into the ODB port and flash your ECU.

Once all done you start your car and marvel at what a PATHOLOGICALLY BAD job Ford did with their factory tune.

You then data-log your car . You can use just the SCT device or you can daisy chain the aforementioned windows laptop and run the datalog app which can recoard a whole lot more stuff.

You send the datalog to Torrie who scratches his chin, mulls the state of your engine and sends you a tweaked file to load onto the SCT and for you to then flash your car again with.

After a few days of driving the car you post here about how fantastic your car is now and how Torrie was instrumental to this whole affair. (opt. make silent death threats towards the bozos in Michigan)

And then a week later you show off your vastly more responsive Mustang at C&C and go sideways when pulling out of the parking lot. But your instant cat-like reflexes prevent you too from showing up on YouTube's infamous video of the day.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Ordered a programmer & tune from Unleashed. So far very impressed with those folks. I thought I was getting a canned tune. Not the case, apparently. They asked me to tell them what my goals are for the tune, which I did. This could be fun!

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang
Ordered a programmer & tune from Unleashed. So far very impressed with those folks. I thought I was getting a canned tune. Not the case, apparently. They asked me to tell them what my goals are for the tune, which I did. This could be fun!
I see you went for a tune instead of the ecoboost! I went with AMR since i have boost but unleashed its pretty good too

Deleted member 35644

I see you went for a tune instead of the ecoboost! I went with AMR since i have boost but unleashed its pretty good too
Yeah, I've gotten out of control with my car trading in the last few years. You'd laugh your ass off (or pass out) if you'd seen what I've done in the past 3 years. I've gotta stop somewhere and find some happy. I flew my ass to Denver and drove this car home, because I HAD TO HAVE a V-6 manual Mustang. Stop the instanity. Tune it, leather it, and live with it. :cool:

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang
Yeah, I've gotten out of control with my car trading in the last few years. You'd laugh your ass off (or pass out) if you'd seen what I've done in the past 3 years. I've gotta stop somewhere and find some happy. I flew my ass to Denver and drove this car home, because I HAD TO HAVE a V-6 manual Mustang. Stop the instanity. Tune it, leather it, and live with it. :cool:
The only thing i wish my v6 had is the premium screen, but i did a ipad set up and now i like it better lol.
But like you said i had to have a manual v6, only thing i was missing was power, but with the back mounted turbo everything is how i wanted, more power than a 5.0 less weight and more balanced. :rockon:
Sponsored