Sponsored

Looking for a good tune

Deleted member 35644

Loaded the Unleashed tune last night. Set it for 93 octane since that's what I use. Definitely improved throttle response, and some of the rev hang has been alleviated. I e-mailed him to see if ALL of it can be done away with, and he sent me a revised version. Will install it tonight.

So far so good. I will say it's completely unnerving watching the car do all the things it does when the tune is loading. Headlights flashing, all sorts of warnings and chimes, the sound of some kind of fan running under the dash. It was a trip. I found myself in prayer at one point.

Definitely glad I did it. Excited to see if Torrie can get rid of rev hang altogether. I want the throttle to slam shut like it would the cable-throttled cars of my youth.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
mine 'slammed shut' or close enough that I wasn't having to wait for the damn tach to drop. The V6 engine seems to have a lot of rotational inertia compared to the Coyote.

Deleted member 35644

mine 'slammed shut' or close enough that I wasn't having to wait for the damn tach to drop. The V6 engine seems to have a lot of rotational inertia compared to the Coyote.
Yeah, a heavy flywheel is probably partially to blame. I'd just like to get rid of as much rev hang as possible. As it was, I'd release the throttle a full second before I hit the clutch for a gear change. The tune made it a little better.

I bought a '85 Laser back at Thanksgiving 2020, and re-discovered the joys of cable-actuated throttles. I practically had to re-learn how to drive a stick in order to keep from lurching around like a brand new driver. I know it's all for emissions and drivetrain protection, but drive-by-wire gets a big thumbs down from me.

wwow1036

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
3.7 s550 Mustang
MPT 93 PRX, especially if it's an auto.

If you want to spend more money on other mods: ported intakes (P3, not AMR), cat delete, and 3.73 gears.

If you want to actually be fast: skip the above and go for boost or just save your money for the next car. As much as I love my car, I'll love the next one more and slightly regret the money I've put into it for that reason lol.
Do you know what company will offer tune for catless v6, ive email a couple such as MPT and unleash. they both email me back with that they cant so my only option now is AMR which is very $$ and im not sure how the tune is.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I purchased a 2015 V6 mustang and have just started getting into modding. I have already added in a Cold Air Intake from Roush, and am about to install an x-pipe and Outlaw axle back from Flowmaster. I am looking into getting it tuned after I put in a new throttle body and am unsure where to start. Any recommendations for either a tuner I can buy or places I can go to get it tuned in the central Jersey area?
Check out 5 Star Tuning for your V6. We sell their tunes here at www.lethalperformance.com. 5Star Tuning 2015-2017 Mustang 3.7L Custom Tune for SCT / Bullydog Devices

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know what company will offer tune for catless v6, ive email a couple such as MPT and unleash. they both email me back with that they cant so my only option now is AMR which is very $$ and im not sure how the tune is.
Almost nobody will tune for catless, you'll need to get defoulers or spacers to avoid a CEL. Those that do tune specifically for catless (turning off O2s), won't say it via email either - they don't want to risk the fines and getting shutdown by the EPA.

wwow1036

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
3.7 s550 Mustang
Almost nobody will tune for catless, you'll need to get defoulers or spacers to avoid a CEL. Those that do tune specifically for catless (turning off O2s), won't say it via email either - they don't want to risk the fines and getting shutdown by the EPA.
That’s what I have done. So as long I have that I don’t have to say that I’m catless when they asking for mods?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't anymore
Sponsored