FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,

I'm just ordering the Power Pack 2 installation.

Does the calibration process involve talking to anyone in the US or is it totally automatic once it picks up the VIN number?

The reason I ask is the garage say I may not be able to wait while it's done if the US don't answer the phone because of time zones differences. Trying to gauge if that's part of the standard install process?

Cheers
David
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
with the ford ones they're self install on drive way as far as i'm aware there is no contact with the states you give them your ecu code on order they lock the calibration to your ecu and post it out to you.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Where did you buy it from? I can only find the 1 and 3

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Where did you buy it from? I can only find the 1 and 3
It's being supplied and installed by the performance tuning branch of a Ford main dealer. I was trying to figure out how long it will take. However, they've lined me up with a courtesy car, so I'm less concerned now. :like:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
It's being supplied and installed by the performance tuning branch of a Ford main dealer. I was trying to figure out how long it will take. However, they've lined me up with a courtesy car, so I'm less concerned now. :like:
This is a good read.
https://motoiq.com/tested-ford-mustang-gt-power-packs-1-3/

I might shoot for the PP1 over the PP2 as I don't quite fancy the cutting of some of the tubes and hacking the manifold cover, although I could just leave this off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
This is a good read.
https://motoiq.com/tested-ford-mustang-gt-power-packs-1-3/

I might shoot for the PP1 over the PP2 as I don't quite fancy the cutting of some of the tubes and hacking the manifold cover, although I could just leave this off.
This is a great read and confirms I've made the right decision for my requirement. Also they tested with a FP by Borla Touring exhaust like I have, so I can see the combined gains which comes out at 33.1 WHP over stock. Exhaust added 7 and PP2 a further 26 (as opposed to the advertised 21).

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
This is a great read and confirms I've made the right decision for my requirement. Also they tested with a FP by Borla Touring exhaust like I have, so I can see the combined gains which comes out at 33.1 WHP over stock. Exhaust added 7 and PP2 a further 26 (as opposed to the advertised 21).
It really is a good read, I've also got the borla touring. It's the low down torque I'm most interested in, they must add a lot more fuel here and timing. It's where i feel it needs it the most. I'm really torn between the pp1 and 2. I've emailed my insurer to ask for quotes on both.
Sponsored