Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Here's to hoping Ford was going to come to their senses and put rear Brembos on this car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
21my-mach-1-spied-june-4-jpg.jpg

Hit that red button on the dash, and some bitch comes and takes your car for calling it a Mach 1.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what the wording on the warning says ... ? :cwl:

WD :like:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
It's just the emergency shutdown, that every prototype has. Here's a pic I took in the Mach-E prototypes in London.
mache.jpg

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So does that confirm it’s got batteries in it ?

Strange cutout if it’s only standard IC, why just not use the standard motorsport style red key type ... ?

Why have a cutout at all ?

Has that type of cutout been spotted in prototype ford vehicles that were proven IC only when they publicly launched ?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So does that confirm it’s got batteries in it ?

Strange cutout if it’s only standard IC, why just not use the standard motorsport style red key type ... ?

Why have a cutout at all ?

Has that type of cutout been spotted in prototype ford vehicles that were proven IC only when they publicly launched ?

yes, it has been in the bronco, the baby bronco, the bullitt a few years back,

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I saw this urine colored C8 the other day. It really looks exotic which I am sure is the point. It is not a competitor with the Mustang in my opinion.

I honestly do not like the look. I'm not a Chevy guy, but the previous Vette looked better. Very nice for a Chevy.

I believe, from my business evaluating stocks, that GM never got the message from bankruptcy. They seem determined to make what they like without really seeing the need for profit, consistency, etc.

Rewarding bankrupt companies by bailing them out led to the Volt, Solyndra, the Camaro and it's money losing versions, etc. The massive discounts on Chevy trucks, etc costs big bucks. I predict they are begging at the government dish sooner than later.

We shall see.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If you see this Mach 1 debut with a $55k sticker, you know Ford has made the decision to kill the Mustang off bit by bit. They just have to keep making cars that aren't a good value for money, and people will continue to not buy them.
I'll just address this last sentence. How can you even make this comment. Of course the Mach 1 is going to have a high sticker. Don't all special edition cars? If your not a fan don't buy it, get a base GT for under $40K. That's still what the Mustang is all about. Did making the GT350 help kill the Mustang? Did the Bullitt? Did the GT500? Value is in the eye of the beholder. Go back to 2015 where there were folks who thought the GT350 was nothing but a low end Mustang with a nice sounding engine. Bet you wouldn't agree with that. Folks waiting for the Mach 1 won't agree with you either.
You quoted me out of context. Let me add it back:

Chevrolet, even though as I mentioned before they're b****rds for not making a manual C8, do not play this game. The ZL1 Camaro and Z06 C7 could be bought all day long for under MSRP, and they're great value for money. Only the ZL1 C7 was priced as crazy as the new GT500 is relative to what you get - but they still made plenty of the "special" cars for the masses. Before the pandemic there were lots of dealers selling the C8 at MSRP, even though production was limited.
I specifically mentioned the Chevrolet and the C7, so we'll expand on that.

If you take a look at the 2018 production numbers for the C7, it was split 39.3% Stingray, 31.8% Grand Sport, 28.9% Z06.

There's no exclusivity to a car where the various models are basically split into thirds by production numbers. And that was reflected in the lack of ADMs on the 2018 Z06.

Ford never does this with their "special" models and it leads to ADMs, which creates a negative feedback loop for sales.

In 2017, only 8.7% of Mustangs sold in the US market were GT350's. That was the high-water mark for GT350 production, and we all remember the ADM's from 2016-2017.

What happened in 2018? GT350 production dropped by almost 40%. Only 5.7% of Mustangs sold in the US market for 2018.

2019? Can't be sure yet as the numbers haven't been released, but looks like another 40% drop. Accounting for only 3.9% of Mustangs sold in the US in 2019.

And we all know what's happening in 2020 and 2021 for the GT350.

The exclusivity, artificially limited production and ADM's are cancer. Ford should just let dealers (and by extension customers) order as many of the cars as they want. There were 72,458 Mach 1's built in 1969, the first year of production. The Mach 1 accounted for 24% of Mustang production that year. This is what built the success of the Mach 1 name, not ADMs and artificially limited production.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The exclusivity, artificially limited production and ADM's are cancer. Ford should just let dealers (and by extension customers) order as many of the cars as they want. There were 72,458 Mach 1's built in 1969, the first year of production. The Mach 1 accounted for 24% of Mustang production that year. This is what built the success of the Mach 1 name, not ADMs and artificially limited production.
I hear what your saying but it just doesn't work like that. The entire collectables industry is built on limited edition models. As an example, Omega probably has a couple of dozen special/limited editions of their famous moon watch. They still make a version of the original but if you want something special you're going to pay for it. Same goes for cars be it Ford or any other manufacturer. Part of these reason these cars are special is their exclusivity. Do GT500 owners what to see them going up and down the road all day. No, that's part of what makes them special. Ford continues to make a number of bread and butter models for the masses. If a Mach 1 is special to you and you have the means then buy one. If it's not don't.

Now about those ADM's............Yeah, not today.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's simple, put down a deposit and get it in writing somewhere that you won't be paying ADM. If the dealership is good at working with people, I don't see this being a problem considering the massive profit they get from an MSRP sale anyway. Not to mention, this will be produced a lot heavier than the GT500 so getting allocations is not going to be a problem.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
It's simple, put down a deposit and get it in writing somewhere that you won't be paying ADM. If the dealership is good at working with people, I don't see this being a problem considering the massive profit they get from an MSRP sale anyway. Not to mention, this will be produced a lot heavier than the GT500 so getting allocations is not going to be a problem.
That's my plan. It's early enough to contact multiple dealerships and see who will work with you or not. The Job #1 of MY21 is set as January 4th (for now), and a Mach 1 would probably be Job #2, so lots of time to negotiate.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That's my plan. It's early enough to contact multiple dealerships and see who will work with you or not. The Job #1 of MY21 is set as January 4th (for now), and a Mach 1 would probably be Job #2, so lots of time to negotiate.
I congratulate you on your optimism and certainly hope you get what you’re looking for. That said it is expected that the Mach 1 is going to be far more popular than the Bullitt and we know how that went.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.