Sponsored

Long tubes with Whipple tune?

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone ran long tubes with high flows cats on your Whipple car with the Whipple
tune? Would that work?
Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Im running MAK cat deletes on my 2017 whipple stage 2 gt. Runs perfectly fine. you dont need to get an aftermarket tune if you do delete the cats with the whipple tune. however you will throw a CEL. in order to remove on the whipple tune, youre going to need an angled 02 sensor. i bought the ones from big daddies garage

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im running MAK cat deletes on my 2017 whipple stage 2 gt. Runs perfectly fine. you dont need to get an aftermarket tune if you do delete the cats with the whipple tune. however you will throw a CEL. in order to remove on the whipple tune, youre going to need an angled 02 sensor. i bought the ones from big daddies garage
Great! So you purchased two of these ones? :
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/angled-cel-fix.html

Thanks!

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
Has anyone ran long tubes with high flows cats on your Whipple car with the Whipple
tune? Would that work?
I did, I have kooks LTs with Green cats on the Whipple tune. It was fine for awhile but eventually started triggering CEL's for cat inefficiency. Other than the annoyance of the check engine light every third start it ran great, I eventually had to have the CEL's turned off and went ahead and got a custom tune.