Sponsored

Reliability of 5.2 with Whipple

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Was just curious on which tune you are using? Stock whipple or something from a tuner shop?
His profile says Palm Beach.
Thanks, Charlie.

Yes, I wasn't sold on a Whipple Tune, which probably is fine but just very conservative. I wanted an aggressive custom tailored tune for my car and went with Rob Shoemaker @ Palm Beach Dyno. Took her to a local Houston performance shop of my choosing and they dyno tuned it with Rob @ PBD remotely.

She has ran very well on his tune :like:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Any thoughts on doing the lethal performance crank pulley brace? I think id def invest in it. (Dont know if its available for the voodue)
I’ve looked into it and it’s definitely a piece I would love to add, but not for $3400. You’ll need a 10-rib kit, and alternator relocation kit. It’s just way too expensive at the moment IMO.

...but! They just mentioned a 6-rib kit will be offered very shortly, so I’m waiting for that to be introduced with pricing. If it’s what I’m thinking, the price should be $850 and nothing more to add.
Just spoke to LethalPerformance and the standard 6-rib Whipple Crank Support kit will be offered in the next 4 to 6 weeks. It will be just the Crank Support needed to make it work, and NOT the additional 10-rib and alternator relocation kits that ballooned the price. Bout to go stand in line for this drop :dance:

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Thanks, Charlie.

Yes, I wasn't sold on a Whipple Tune, which probably is fine but just very conservative. I wanted an aggressive custom tailored tune for my car and went with Rob Shoemaker @ Palm Beach Dyno. Took her to a local Houston performance shop of my choosing and they dyno tuned it with Rob @ PBD remotely.

She has ran very well on his tune :like:
That's awesome, if I ever get comfortable and feel the need for more I'll definitely look him up. Only other question is, are you running pumped gas still or did you which to e85?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
That's awesome, if I ever get comfortable and feel the need for more I'll definitely look him up. Only other question is, are you running pumped gas still or did you which to e85?
Tuned on 93 octane.

E85 will net me 900+ wheel, but I think I’ll hold tight with what I have while I’m ahead

Sponsored

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
Tuned on 93 octane.
E85 will net me 900+ wheel, but I think I’ll hold tight with what I have while I’m ahead
Hey Bud, love the car. Saw it today in front of my house!

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Hey Bud, love the car. Saw it today in front of my house!
Thank you very much!! It was nice to get out and cruise with the Shelby crew, hope ur daughter enjoyed it. Next time, let’s hope we get better weather :fingerscrossed:

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
been wondering lately: any reports of busted billet (upgraded) OPG/crank sprocket gears with blowers? everyone says it's good "insurance" to upgrade but wondering are those basically indestructible?
I personally haven’t seen any being destroyed. Once those are in, your weak point becomes valvetrain and pistons/rods.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Rods maybe but pistons are forged high quality made by Mahle . Same as in the 5.2 Alluminator XS.
I bent my stock rods but heads may have lifted .

Manley has an H rod specific for the voodoo piston that requires tapered ends .

Sponsored

3Cobras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Auto 3.55s
Don't let the uninformed make you guys think every GT350 that Whipples gets blown. I'm sure there's been plenty of blown motor cars from all forced induction types. It's how well the work was done, weak points upgraded, especially the tune, how you drive, cooling upgrades, the gas you put in, its many things. Spend the money to get it done right the first time, and the chances your engine will last goes up. I know a few GT350's in Houston that are Whipple'd and still running strong, including mine. 30k miles on the odometer, and over 16k miles with the Whipple.

Change out your OPG and Crank Sprocket for one, and make sure you grab a great tuner! I hired Rob @ Palm Beach. I'm pushing over 800 to the rear wheels on pump 93 with the 3.750 pulley. Could I go smaller pulley, or E85 and grab over 900? yes, but I don't want to be greedy and continue to keep pushing the limits of my car. So 600 - 700 whp should be no problem for anyone looking to up their power and not worry. That's a very safe number, just make sure everything is done right the first time.

CKFZ1076.JPG
IMG_7674.JPG
IMG_E7086.JPG

Hello - curious what springs you have?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
They look fantastic. Looks like those springs are not GT350 specific and made for any S550. How has your handling changed with these springs?
Technically, even Ford Performance Springs work on any Magneride equipped Mustang. They are not GT350 specific.

My vehicle is only street driven, so I honestly haven't felt a difference in turns or just driving in general . The spring rates are a bit softer compared to factory specs, but it hasn't changed the driving characteristics imo. Now if I took this to the track, I'm sure that would change as the dual rate springs for these cars have even stiffer spring rates.
Sponsored