Flat rock may be open for production May 18th

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
As I am sure most of you are not surprised, neither am I. I know it's easier said than done for me to say this, as I have my car...... but I agree. I feel for everyone, on both sides of this crisis, however I will always choose life safety above all else.

Hang in everybody, this too shall pass.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
When it comes to negotiating, and as in this case, the manufacturer has to push to get things moving - even if a bit early. And of course, the other side pushes back.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Now we know. Hopefully the workers use the world class PPE Ford is producing with their partners.

Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Ya I think May 4th was a little optimistic especially when some parts of Detroit were hit pretty bad. I'm out in Los Angeles and we have the same May 15th date. Everyone just has to be patient.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I wonder at this point if everybody will stay in the same pecking order of builds??? I was scheduled to be built the week of March 23rd before the shutdown took place. Then just a few days before that all hell broke loose and they shut everything down. So would love to know how this will unfold when they do start up. Iam guessing this kinda screws up lots of different plans for getting these cars built, etc etc.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've heard that 2020 allocations will not carry over into 2021. I hope that everyone here gets theirs...

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I've heard that 2020 allocations will not carry over into 2021. I hope that everyone here gets theirs...
I always hate when somebody says "I've heard that". You heard it from who??? Iam very concerned as well as I have my VIN which I don't even know if that really means anything at this point. I tried calling Ford Performance but of course there's no one there other than a voice mail saying they prefer you send them an email. My car was ordered last July 2nd and I got my VIN well over a month ago and even was given a "Build Date" of the week of March 23rd. Thats why I made the comment previously of will they stay with the pecking order or is it now all bets are off the table???? I wish someone from Shelby and the Mgmt. team would make a public statement to keep us guys in the loop. Not fun just sitting here not knowing a darn thing about how they plan on attacking this once they come back to work. I'm thinking how do they build a car with the 6' foot rule????? Many many unanswered questions now at this point.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I speculate that the cars that have been scheduled to a date will remain in the same order. The real question is what will happen to cars that have not been scheduled to a date?

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I always hate when somebody says "I've heard that". You heard it from who??? Iam very concerned as well as I have my VIN which I don't even know if that really means anything at this point. I tried calling Ford Performance but of course there's no one there other than a voice mail saying they prefer you send them an email. My car was ordered last July 2nd and I got my VIN well over a month ago and even was given a "Build Date" of the week of March 23rd. Thats why I made the comment previously of will they stay with the pecking order or is it now all bets are off the table???? I wish someone from Shelby and the Mgmt. team would make a public statement to keep us guys in the loop. Not fun just sitting here not knowing a darn thing about how they plan on attacking this once they come back to work. I'm thinking how do they build a car with the 6' foot rule????? Many many unanswered questions now at this point.
Use the live chat and give them your VIN number.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

There's no point at just yelling at everybody here!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wonder at this point if everybody will stay in the same pecking order of builds??? I was scheduled to be built the week of March 23rd before the shutdown took place. Then just a few days before that all hell broke loose and they shut everything down. So would love to know how this will unfold when they do start up. Iam guessing this kinda screws up lots of different plans for getting these cars built, etc etc.
I had the conversation with Noah. Any VIN in production will be built in order. ie) If the build was "in production" "sent to plant", its in the queue and production will commence in order of schedule.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. What little birdie told you that one?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I had the conversation with Noah. Any VIN in production will be built in order. ie) If the build was "in production" "sent to plant", its in the queue and production will commence in order of schedule.
Hi Tom,
First post here, long time lurker. My question/comment is if production commences in order of schedule do you think this means updated build dates will push back 11 days based off the 11 day extension? What do you think?
Thanks
Sponsored