Hood not closed warning light

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
So, I removed the hood liner to install the pony sticker. Now I get a hood not closed warning light on the dash. The hood is shut, and my glasses aren't in there ( from an incident a couple weeks ago w/ son's fusion, slammed hood 3 thimes to get to close, then realised my glasses were in there).

The hood is solidly closed. Any thoughts on why the error?
Sponsored

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
So, I removed the hood liner to install the pony sticker. Now I get a hood not closed warning light on the dash. The hood is shut, and my glasses aren't in there ( from an incident a couple weeks ago w/ son's fusion, slammed hood 3 thimes to get to close, then realised my glasses were in there).

Hood Ajar Switch
The hood ajar switch is a single pole switch (integrated into the hood latch) that is normally closed when the hood
is closed. When the hood is opened, the hood ajar switch opens to indicate an open hood.
The BCM sends a signal to the hood ajar switch, and based on the input, the BCM determines if the hood is open or
closed.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I figured there was a switch. Now the question is is it related to the hood liner?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue

You can very easily adjust the hood striker with the 2 bolts.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Turns out, I just needed to open and close the hood again. The hood was closed tight. Gave each side little tug, tight as could be. Opened the hood, poked around until I found the sensor, looked at it for about 3 minutes, then just shut the hood. Problem solved.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

This happened to my convertible a few weeks ago. Closed the hood fairly gently, but enough latch it, and got the light. Opened it and slammed it, light went off. She likes it rough.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For a firm and secure closure, the hood should be dropped from at least 8”-12” - it won’t hurt anything.
Sponsored