Sponsored

2021 Mustang GT Refresh Rendering (based on first spyshots)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Not at all. I think out of 10 people I asked 10 said 15-17 looks much more like a classic mustang should be And nicer then 18 and up.

Let this speak for itself...

maxresdefault.jpg
Lol. May as well just say "10 out of 10 2015-2017 owners said they think the 15-17 looks better. Experts agree!"
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm one of those that sometimes dislikes the new styles when they first come out. I always liked the 2015+ from the rear, but the front took a while to grow on me.

I didn't like the 2018 initially either, but it's grown on me. It really is very similar to the 2015+ style.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. May as well just say "10 out of 10 2015-2017 owners said they think the 15-17 looks better. Experts agree!"
I also love when people try using the initial leaked photo to compare... it was such an unflattering angle that Ford never even ended up using it for any promotional content. But it's almost like they're admitting that they've only been looking at that picture for the past 2 years and have been blocking their eyes to any other pictures because they're afraid they'll like it too much and regret not buying one LMAO

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Not at all. I think out of 10 people I asked 10 said 15-17 looks much more like a classic mustang should be And nicer then 18 and up.

Let this speak for itself...

maxresdefault.jpg
Whoever in Ford signed off on this marketing material for the 18, with its drowsy look and washed out yellow should be fired

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I'm one of those that sometimes dislikes the new styles when they first come out. I always liked the 2015+ from the rear, but the front took a while to grow on me.

I didn't like the 2018 initially either, but it's grown on me. It really is very similar to the 2015+ style.
Im one of those that either likes something or doesn't

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I liked my 15 GT when I had it and like my 18 GT now. What I really like about my 18 GT over my 15 GT is the extra power, A10 trans, 3:55 gears and Magneride. Car totally screams.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Recently we saw the first spyshots of a second S550 refresh that could be ready for MY2021. I try my best in Photoshop to create a preview of what the new refresh might look like.

From what I can see out of the spyshots, there are three big differences to the current Mustang:
  • Turn Signal + Fog Lights are moved higher into the bumper and not in the triangles anymore
  • The triangles in the bumper are totally new
  • the area under the headlights is sticking out much more

Here's my rendering:
2021mustang_facelift_by_ace.jpg

Wow. You definitely have a gift for this. And they may be what the car looks like.

Unfortunately, if this is indeed the direction ford has taken, I think itā€™s a backward step. The 15-17 was very nice. It looked like a modern mustang with s touch of exotic. The 18 added some angles and aggression, which interrupted the flow of the previous lines, but still looked good in its own right. This however, just seems like it is change for the sake of change. The car should get better looking. Not worse. Itā€™s not as bad as the 19 camaro refresh, but itā€™s not a positive move. Ford can make gorgeous mustangs. The 500, 350, and Bullitt come to mind. If I Hope they work as hard to give the GT some aesthetic love.

I think ford would have done better using the lower bumper you mocked up. Looks more like it belongs.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
I wish they would get rid of that front cap and extend the front center of the hood on down over the grille. Like the sn95s, but appropriate for the new style. That has always bugged me about the s550.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I wish they would get rid of that front cap and extend the front center of the hood on down over the grille. Like the sn95s, but appropriate for the new style. That has always bugged me about the s550.
Same. But they canā€™t. Itā€™s part of pedestrian safety and crash ratings nowadays. Thereā€™s a reason for that design, but it serves a purpose. The sn95 would hit a pedestrian and theyā€™d survive the soft bumper cover only to be eviscerated by the steel hood. The newer cars have a ā€œcushionā€ before the hood. The c8 for example has a gigantic area for this in the front. The challenger is done super simply and looks just like you describe. A cap. The camaros makes itā€™s hood look like a toilet bowl lid. The Mustangs isnā€™t that bad. But it will remain similar to that.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Some people think Danny Devito is hot and some think Brad Pitt is ugly. No one's right and no ones wrong it's all personal taste. 15-17 18-19 blah blah. Maybe the Fusions all look like mustangs . HU HU ever think of that? LOL. I would care mre to know if they are gonna make any meaningful changes to the actual cars mechanics. I personally couldn't care less about a front bumper cover. It is just ford putty lipstick on it and marking up the MSRP.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Some people think Danny Devito is hot and some think Brad Pitt is ugly. No one's right and no ones wrong it's all personal taste. 15-17 18-19 blah blah. Maybe the Fusions all look like mustangs . HU HU ever think of that? LOL. I would care mre to know if they are gonna make any meaningful changes to the actual cars mechanics. I personally couldn't care less about a front bumper cover. It is just ford putty lipstick on it and marking up the MSRP.
while thatā€™s true to some degreee, in general, there are universal standards. People the world over have at least some overlap on beauty standards. There are some outliers, but that indicates rarity. So MOST people would indicate Brad Pitt as a handsome dude or Nicole sherzinger as an attractive chick. There are some who donā€™t think either is attractive. But most do. So thatā€™s what is aimed for in creating an aesthetic product - who the ā€œmostā€ are in your target demographic. So when someone says a car is beautiful, in general, everyone knows what they are talking about. Same thing for an ugly car. Once in a while you have some that are hard to quantify. The 6 gen Camaro for example - deemed a ā€œhotā€ car by msny. But a total barf bag to just as msny others. Meanwhile, you have the mustsng GT, which was conservatively style out of the gate, but nearly everyone thought it was attractive with some sling it gorgeous and others calling it only decent. But rarely called ugly. So Ford did the better job of creating a car that is universally understood as being beautiful.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Thanks for the perspective. I didnā€™t know. I always figured it was a cost issue to allow them to make cheap changes to the front of the car, but then that didnā€™t make any sense because they always end up changing the hood anyway. And the fenders. So your explanation makes the most sense.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Can we please close this thread...?

Someone necroed and old thread, to ask about the front end on all new cars. And now we have people saying s550 is a new car.
Sponsored