Sponsored

My neglected 5.0

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Agreed proper cover, or have another garage built.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My cars get professionally detailed once a year and they do get washed, waxed and sealed. But I still will not wash the cars myself because of the calcium. It's corrosive, abrasive and it accumulates on any surface.
They make water conditioning systems just for your situation. Not only will it eliminate your issue of not using it for your car, it will provide clean drinking water, better water for washing clothes, will make your water heating system last longer, not build up in your pipes etc etc. A good system lasts a long time and some require very little maintenance and don't cost that much to buy when used for many years.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
It's a car... guys. A huge chunk of metal basically. It doesn't have feelings.

Plus, it isn't like dust or dirt will scratch the paint while it sits there. The plus side to leaving your car out in the open is you get a free car wash. Nature's car wash. Be careful with car covers because they can scratch the paint.
Only a hunk of metal, but an expensive one. One reason I’m able to have nice things is because I take care of them to keep them nice. Instead of neglecting them and letting them become junk.

Deleted member 35644

I think we're all in touch with the fact that the car doesn't have feelings. It's my feelings I'm saving when I clean my car, because it makes me tense to walk out into the garage and see it filthy. The picture of the OP's car made me down right anxious. Cars depreciate enough on their own. Neglect accelerates that process.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mine's on the other end of the spectrum.

It lounges in a climate-controlled building and only comes out on nice weekends. Just cracked 8,000 miles last weekend. Spoiled brat of a car.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Geez man, get a good car cover.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
They make water conditioning systems just for your situation. Not only will it eliminate your issue of not using it for your car, it will provide clean drinking water, better water for washing clothes, will make your water heating system last longer, not build up in your pipes etc etc. A good system lasts a long time and some require very little maintenance and don't cost that much to buy when used for many years.
I have a water softener for inside water. I have a well for outside water... which is hard. We are in the process of renovating this 70 year old house we bought 3 years ago. The costs of providing soft water to wash the cars is low on the "to do" list.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
1) it's just a car
2) it has wax on it under all the dust and bat poop
3) a car cover out in the elements can cause more damage than it prevents. this was confirmed by 3 different detail shops
4) it's only $$ I'll make more
5) I buy a new car every year or two no matter how many miles it has. A 2020 GT500 may be my next victim

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
1) it's just a car
3) a car cover out in the elements can cause more damage than it prevents. this was confirmed by 3 different detail shops
5) I buy a new car ever year or two no matter how many miles it has. A 2020 GT500 may be my next victim
Man, I think I need to book a therapy session !!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Only a hunk of metal, but an expensive one. One reason I’m able to have nice things is because I take care of them to keep them nice. Instead of neglecting them and letting them become junk.
I think you're leaving out the main reason you can have nice things... You have MONEY. :idea:

I'm not saying neglect the car. Also, just because the guy has dust on his car doesn't mean he is neglecting it. Maybe some of you can watch your car all day and when a hair gets on it, you can go wash and wax the whole thing. Well I can't. More important things to do. You know... adulting :crazy:.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
1) it's just a car
5) I buy a new car ever year or two no matter how many miles it has. A 2020 GT500 may be my next victim
Car covers outside and out in the open aren't a good idea due to trapped moisture. Especially in Oregon. I'd look into pop up shelters. Bird poop and other toxins can etch the paint. Or divorce your wife and take her garage space. That's what I did.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Car covers outside and out in the open aren't a good idea due to trapped moisture. Especially in Oregon. I'd look into pop up shelters. Bird poop and other toxins can etch the paint. Or divorce your wife and take her garage space. That's what I did.
But then he won’t have money.
Sponsored