Sponsored

My neglected 5.0

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I can relate a little to the op. My 5.0 is my primary work vehicle. It is treated as such. It goes weeks at a time sitting covered in dust. It's only been driven 11k miles in 3 years. And when it is driven it's hauling product and working. It's been dinged and scratched.

With that being said I have been going so far out of my way to take care of it lately. Even though it's my workhorse j love the hell out of my mustang and would like to keep it long after it retires from working. So I guess yes I can relate but I also have a deep appreciation and love my car
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Don't tell me the picture you're using for your avatar is you

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I feel like these King Crimson lyrics are appropriate here:

It's here I sit and rust amid this ruin and rancor like tire irons
toothy grills and car parts before me... the acid rain floods my
floorboard, burns my pores and rots my upholstery... once I was
worshipped, polished magnificently, now I lay in decay by the dirty
angry bay...

I'm ready to leave
I wanna get out of here
I'm ready to ride away
I don't wanna die in here
I'm ready to ride...

My skin is metallic now, no longer and elegant powder blue... my body
unhinged and sleeping in the jungle of motor block manifolds and metal
relics... what was deluxe becomes debris, I never questioned loyalty,
but this dead end demolishes the dream of an open highway.

Dig me... but don't... bury me

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I put about 150 miles a month on it.. didnt get to drive it this month because ive been working lots of extra hours.
That’s how much I put on mine per month, but it is garage kept and I obsessively detail it, never drive it in the rain and generally take amazing care of it because I plan to keep it for a while and continue modding it.

It’s your car of course but I couldn’t do that to mine, lol

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Bird shit is going to destroy your clear coat. You either need to wash it, clay it, lay down a layer of wax, top it off with a sealer, treat all the rubber & plastic parts with a UV treatment, use a windshield sunshade, and tint the windows.... or wash it, and cover it.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It's a car... guys. A huge chunk of metal basically. It doesn't have feelings.

Plus, it isn't like dust or dirt will scratch the paint while it sits there. The plus side to leaving your car out in the open is you get a free car wash. Nature's car wash. Be careful with car covers because they can scratch the paint.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
"It's a car... guys. A huge chunk of metal basically. It doesn't have feelings."

Don't let Christine hear you say that...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpa3iccXHO7fU29QrnzA7bT4AWeGKJWwnI0oaYlMjoELj8x5WH.jpg

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
A LOT of people live way beyond their means in order to fit in/look cool. How many times to we see Joe Rocket buy new car and immediately dump 1000x of $ into their car. Many end up 6-8-12 months later being parted out and sold.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Wash it, then put sealant on it
.Wolfgang is best,then a good wax,pinnacle and you'll just need to hose it down once a month.of course a good cover makes it even better.ps. since it must be very dirty,after you wash put on a cleaner wax first,then sealant

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My cars suffer a little more than I would like. I can't wash them because the water is too hard. Calcium residue will ruin glass... imagine what it does to paint. So, I have to rely on car washes, because they use recycled and conditioned water. But, their equipment can be tough on the car finish. I have tried a variety of car cleaners, but ultimately they wear the paint down. So, I give the cars a good wax job and let them get a little dusty and dirty, with a trip to the car wash every 2 or 3 months. None of my cars gets driven real much.... maybe 2000 - 3000 miles per year.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
My cars suffer a little more than I would like. I can't wash them because the water is too hard. Calcium residue will ruin glass... imagine what it does to paint. So, I have to rely on car washes, because they use recycled and conditioned water. But, their equipment can be tough on the car finish. I have tried a variety of car cleaners, but ultimately they wear the paint down. So, I give the cars a good wax job and let them get a little dusty and dirty, with a trip to the car wash every 2 or 3 months. None of my cars gets driven real much.... maybe 2000 - 3000 miles per year.
Put a good sealant on it,Wolfgang,it seals the paint for 6 to 12 months,so calcium shouldn't be an issue

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I put about 150 miles a month on it.. didnt get to drive it this month because ive been working lots of extra hours.
Ok I gotcha….you just don't really care about it....its just a car in the end. Your prerogative, but I don't understand why you made this thread. Were you looking for sympathy or maybe empathy? IMHO, you are on the wrong car site for much of either for what you are not doing. Many of us here have the Mustang as a second or third car (toy) and treat it as such. If it was a daily driver that you got just to drive like a Camry for example, I think more people would understand it better. I guess too you were just bored and took a picture and posted it on this site. If that is the case, you should have used that time to clean it up!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Put a good sealant on it,Wolfgang,it seals the paint for 6 to 12 months,so calcium shouldn't be an issue
My cars get professionally detailed once a year and they do get washed, waxed and sealed. But I still will not wash the cars myself because of the calcium. It's corrosive, abrasive and it accumulates on any surface.