Sponsored

Coolant leak, coyote GEN 2

medic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey all. Noticed since last oil change, my coolant level has gone from the max line down to below the minimum. After taking off the engine cover and inspecting hoses I found one if not the only hose leaking. It does appear raised as if the pressure in the line caused this to happen due to poor hose clip placement or just failure in general. Has anyone seen this? Do I need a new hose and clip or for it to just be further inserted and clamped? It's warrantied, I just want to make sure Ford will do the proper repair rather than Band-Aid it.

Hose rad to supply tank vent---Water outlet connector

Here's the location of leak:
20190815-162334.jpg

And here's the diagram of where it leads to (reservoir tank, etc.) The blue circles represent the two connections (diagram is gen 1 coyote but it appears to be the same line connection as my 2017 GT
The car is a 2017 GT premium with 32,000km on it (20k miles?)
20190815_185038.jpg
View attachment 387932
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think there was a TSB about a coolant leak at that location. I'm not on my main computer where I could look, buy maybe someone else can find it. Your dealer should be able to find the TSB, so be sure to ask them to look.

If I recall correctly, the leak is coming from where the metal tube is pressed in and sealed in that small housing. The fix is to replace that small housing assembly.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Here's the TSB I was thinking of, but after looking at it I don't think your leak is were the TSB is addressing - plus it only applies to some 2015 Mustangs and yours is a 2017. Your leak is on the metal tube that is pressed into the aluminum housing. I do recall at least one other guy on this board reporting a similar leak as yours. Your dealer should be able to see the leak and have an appropriate fix.

Attachments

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
medic5.0

medic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
This thread discusses the same issue with the same coolant hose. Seems the fix is to replace the hose, either under Ford Warranty (if vehicle warranty is still active), or replace on your own.

(See Post # 9 response)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/coolant-leak-at-reservoir-hose.126249/
Unfortunately the hose that is leaking is the other one connecting to the reservoir tank, not the one from reservoir tank to radiator. I will try and press a full hose replacement though as I don't think a simple reclamp will work
Sponsored