C8=S650 Tell Ford What You Want

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Front end back to the 2015-2017 style. Tremec. Cylinder liners. Corvette and Mustang are muscle cars.
Sponsored

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
But that's my cargo shelf!
Use the passenger seat lol. or have the passenger hold it.
I can certainly imagine that. Just not with a Mustang name tag. Leave the Pony alone. Maybe we can call it a "Thunderbird".
It'd still be a mustang. just lighter and faster and more compact. We could lose like 200-300 lbs, add some power in the next gen coyote, and have the fastest mustang Gt to date. With a stiff aluminium chassis it would handle like a beast. I mean its just a thought nobody from Ford is sitting here reading this going "yeah...This guy is onto something..."

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Use the passenger seat lol. or have the passenger hold it.

It'd still be a mustang. just lighter and faster and more compact. We could lose like 200-300 lbs, add some power in the next gen coyote, and have the fastest mustang Gt to date. With a stiff aluminium chassis it would handle like a beast. I mean its just a thought nobody from Ford is sitting here reading this going "yeah...This guy is onto something..."
You dont know about my costco runs...my wife is usually sitting with paper towels as it is :crackup:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Yeah, but GM just uses taxpayer dollars to finance everything.
Corvette is americas sports car, the mustang will never take that place. Corvette just has too much heritage, especially when it comes to racing.

If the mustang wants to come even close it will need to lose the rear seats and have a bigger development budget. That will also increase the price. Good luck getting one for under 50k, hell even 60k if anything I said comes to fruition.

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Corvette is americas sports car, the mustang will never take that place. Corvette just has too much heritage, especially when it comes to racing.

If the mustang wants to come even close it will need to lose the rear seats and have a bigger development budget. That will also increase the price. Good luck getting one for under 50k, hell even 60k if anything I said comes to fruition.
I will never support a company that took federal funds just to turn around and build more factories in Mexico.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
It doesn't matter what I want, the Mustang has to sell 100,000 a year or share the platform with something else (which means it probably won't be a Mustang as we know it). It also has to have an inexpensive base model, many of our Mustangs are a $23,000 car with $27,000 of options. The base platform limits what can be done and the GT350 is an amazing transformation but still based on a low-cost car.

Anyway, I want a little smaller (except American drivers are getting larger so it won't happen), lighter, lower hood line, transaxle... but I don't expect any of that in the next gen.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
This thread is funny. Its like my older brother, he wants a track car thats fast AF, a Stohr WF1, but his budget is $1000. LOL
I was like, tf outta here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Lots of great ideas here.

What if Ford developed a factory hybrid front wheel drive system? Say 150hp
Just a package that could be added on or purchase factory.
Would push the 0-60 down in the mid-low 3s

Would be awesome if they would develop a kit for the s550 also. I would pay $10,000 for that instead of a supercharger.

Aluminum body panels to shed 200lbs would also be great.

Sponsored

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
Keep it manual. And a real manual with a clutch pedal.

Lose the black wheels. That style is as tired as a mullet.

Keep at least one naturally aspirated engine.

Keep the Voodoo alive.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I consider my Mustang to be a Grand Touring car, and that's exactly how I use it. I need the big trunk, so leave it alone. Not all of us are racers. If they added much of what is being suggested here, the average (non enthusiast) buyer would either find it too expensive, or no longer meets their needs (or both). When that happens, the Mustang will fade into oblivion.

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
I consider my Mustang to be a Grand Touring car, and that's exactly how I use it. I need the big trunk, so leave it alone. Not all of us are racers. If they added much of what is being suggested here, the average (non enthusiast) buyer would either find it too expensive, or no longer meets their needs (or both). When that happens, the Mustang will fade into oblivion.
Agreed. And it works great at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.