C8=S650 Tell Ford What You Want

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Before anyone jumps up my ass this is just what i think would be dope af.

1. Kill the rear seats off entirely, make the mustang a 2 seater. (less weight, The backseats only fit children anyway)
2. better chassis, All aluminium and stiff as a board. (A tad wider maybe)
3. 3500 lbs GT, 3250 lbs EB.
4. stock infotainment system. the base console is embarrassing.
5. Standard adjustable suspension.
6. Gen4 Coyote making 520hp, make more torque down low.
7. Standard black wheels. The arachnid style looks like garbage.
8. Don't over design the outside it already looks great.
9. Get rid of the double honk that occurs when the car is running and the key is outside the car. We know the car is running and if you don't you're stupid.

I would buy the shit out of that.
Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Coming from a 90 Miata Turbo...I would like Ford to cut some weight from the next platform. I never had my Miata weighed but would estimate around 2200-2300lbs. My 18 convertible is probably around 3900lbs so 1600-1700lbs more than a Miata seems insane to me. 3500lbs would be a reasonable target. Maybe incorporate all aluminum body work like the F150? They have the technology but it is a uni-body so that makes it much more difficult. However that aluminum hood on my 18 is damn heavy for what it is, so not sure what Ford is doing wrong with the stamping on this. My Miata had an aluminum hood that was like a feather in comparison. With that being said, luxury and safety are heavy and we all like those two traits these days.
One other thing...more torque below 3K would be a nice plus also.
All those gov't safety regulations add a lot of weight. Weight can be removed, but that's going to require expensive methods (carbon fiber, exotic alloys, etc). Even the Miata has gained about 300 lbs over the years.

I would love to see a 3000 lb Mustang, but it ain't gonna be cheap, or concessions will have to be made across the entire platform that folks won't like.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Keep the manual but get rid of the MT-82. Please....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A little smaller a little lighter, but keep the back seat. Make the back seat similar to a 911. Just a shelf to put a gym bag or something and room to recline the front seats. Back seats about half the size they are now. Trunk smaller - maybe about half the size it currently is. Definitely make the car less thick top to bottom and not so high off the ground. Don't bother with expensive materials like an all aluminum body. Keep the Mustang true to its original concept of an inexpensive vehicle.

The main things I'd like to see are a little more displacement in the NA V8. 5.7 liters would be good in my opinion. And I'd like to see a transaxle for better weight balance and traction.

And I'd prefer fewer gadgets. I realize especially this probably won't happen just like the other things I want probably won't happen. However the OP asked what I want.

I think with the right design the Mustang could get a few hundred pounds lighter with better balance and still be a very comfortable and affordable GT car. From what I've found a car that is lighter and lower to the ground can have softer springs and still maintain great body control. So a smaller and lighter Mustang could be more comfortable as a grand touring vehicle.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
)2. better chassis, All aluminium and stiff as a board. (A tad wider maybe).
Other than heavy, what's wrong with the S550? It's pretty stiff as is.

You want it to be wider??? It's already 3" wider than an S197 and 1" from being as wide as a fricken Viper. I like the GT350s flared fenders but the whole car needs to be narrower, with the same flares.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Tell Porsche. :crackup:
They know what a sports car is. If you are referring to the Panamerica it is a luxury sports sedan not a sports car.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
The Mustang clearly says "GT" on the back. Convince me Ford is wrong.

And then convince me a 4000lb, 4-seater, soft, comfortable car is a "Sports Car".
By that reasoning, the EcoBoost IS a sportscar, because it will only weigh 4000lbs with your fat ass in the driver's seat (my GT is 3680...more than couple pounds away from 4k). Furthermore an 88 LX 5.0 is a sportscar because of some letters. Time to trade in for an EB, or hit up Craig's :cwl:!

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
By that reasoning, the EcoBoost IS a sportscar, because it will only weigh 4000lbs with your fat ass in the driver's seat (my GT is 3680...more than couple pounds away from 4k). Furthermore an 88 LX 5.0 is a sportscar because of some letters. Time to trade in for an EB, or hit up Craig's :cwl:!
Then WTF is a 4cyl Mustang Turbo GT fox?

Sponsored

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
AWD and a DCT. Somehow, trim some weight from that as well.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Other than heavy, what's wrong with the S550? It's pretty stiff as is.

You want it to be wider??? It's already 3" wider than an S197 and 1" from being as wide as a fricken Viper. I like the GT350s flared fenders but the whole car needs to be narrower, with the same flares.
Nothing is wrong with the S550. I would just like it a little lighter, killing the useless backseats would be cool. Imagine a faster, lighter, 2 seater GT. I'd buy that.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nothing is wrong with the S550. I would just like it a little lighter, killing the useless backseats would be cool. Imagine a faster, lighter, 2 seater GT. I'd buy that.
I can certainly imagine that. Just not with a Mustang name tag. Leave the Pony alone. Maybe we can call it a "Thunderbird".
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.