I'm back again (2018 TY Shadow Edition)

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Some of you older ones will remember me :wink:, I sold my 2016 red GT 2 years ago and have regretted it since so on Wednesday I flew to Glasgow (actually Edinburgh long story :curse:) picked up my new Mustang and drove it home via ferry to Northern Ireland. Being an August 2018 car it must be one of the last pre-facelifted cars. Anyway loving the car so far and hopefully I keep it longer than the last one.
yellow mustang.png
Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Hi, great choice :like: although I am biased, I've got a Triple Yellow Shadow too. Are there many 'Stang's in NI ? You'll have some exciting roads and stunning scenery to explore. Welcome back.

OP
OP
NornIron91

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi, great choice :like: although I am biased, I've got a Triple Yellow Shadow too. Are there many 'Stang's in NI ? You'll have some exciting roads and stunning scenery to explore. Welcome back.
There are a few about, although quite a rare sight on the roads. I actually did see a lightning blue Mustang a few days before I got mine.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome back! Good to see you on here again, excellent choice on the shadow edition :) do like the wheels on those

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome back! Good to see you on here again, excellent choice on the shadow edition :) do like the wheels on those
Funny, the wheels were the deciding factor for me buying a Shadow Edition. Ironically I think they're the bog standard wheels from the US options list!

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Funny, the wheels were the deciding factor for me buying a Shadow Edition. Ironically I think they're the bog standard wheels from the US options list!
I think my envy comes from knowing how much easier they would be to clean :cwl:

Funny how the "standard" things we don't get are so sought after; red lights, plain "GT" deck lid for me. Vice versa for across the pond too...keep thinking of doing a swap with someone in the USA for the oem taillights.

OP
OP
NornIron91

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes I do really like the shadow edition wheels as well. Does anybody know when the first facelifted mustangs were made as mine was registered on the 29th August 2018 so is probably one of the last pre-facelift cars.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Yes I do really like the shadow edition wheels as well. Does anybody know when the first facelifted mustangs were made as mine was registered on the 29th August 2018 so is probably one of the last pre-facelift cars.
They stopped production around August 2017, they made shed loads to dump on the U.K. market, took years to get rid on them :cwl: i

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I spoke to someone at Ford and they said they are having difficulty shifting the 18+ models mainly due to the extra costs, especially when you're not getting much more.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Interest rates on a PCP are far to high, salesman I spoke to said there are loads of them in stock.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Keeping the PCPers away should help keep the Mustang exclusive! Otherwise it'll become as common as a BMW 3 series
Sponsored