Sponsored

1/8 mile 18 GT A10

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just another "I went to the track" thread. Nothing real spectacular but maybe some advice would be nice. Kinda disappointed really. Time slip attached (Left lane) but best run was a 7.69 @ 94.57. DA was around 2200. Mod's are Kooks LT's, magnaflow Tru-x and Lund E85R tune, BMR cradle lockouts, 3.55's, M/T E/T Street SS 305/40/17. Traction control off, in Drive. Once I was up on the converter, I tried the E-brake trick and it worked ok the first time(best time) but the next time i got slightly more aggressive and blew the tires off. Never had a better pass than the first one. I dont know if I just didn't warm the tires up enough or poor track prep or both but I would have thought that I would be able to hook whatever I had with those. I was running 24psi and I did not try dropping pressure but probably should have.

I'm considering dropping to a 275/45/17 as that gets me under 26" where as I am almost at 28 right now. (And this change isn't to address traction but ET...assuming I get the traction issue worked out.) Thoughts?
Timeslips.jpg
Sponsored

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Just another "I went to the track" thread. Nothing real spectacular but maybe some advice would be nice. Kinda disappointed really. Time slip attached (Left lane) but best run was a 7.69 @ 94.57. DA was around 2200. Mod's are Kooks LT's, magnaflow Tru-x and Lund E85R tune, BMR cradle lockouts, 3.55's, M/T E/T Street SS 305/40/17. Traction control off, in Drive. Once I was up on the converter, I tried the E-brake trick and it worked ok the first time(best time) but the next time i got slightly more aggressive and blew the tires off. Never had a better pass than the first one. I dont know if I just didn't warm the tires up enough or poor track prep or both but I would have thought that I would be able to hook whatever I had with those. I was running 24psi and I did not try dropping pressure but probably should have.

I'm considering dropping to a 275/45/17 as that gets me under 26" where as I am almost at 28 right now. (And this change isn't to address traction but ET...assuming I get the traction issue worked out.) Thoughts?
Timeslips.jpg
I think the 28" Tire is alot for a NA setup.

the biggest issue I see is 24PSI in the tires.

I run my 305/45/17 Et Street R's at 15-18 PSI at the track and have no issues hooking off the line.

The Tires dont need a crazy long burnout either. when you see smoke roll out

your tires probably had more than 24 PSI in them after the burnout. I know when I drop to 18Psi for my first pass of the night when I come back to the lanes im at 22ish PSI and need to drop the pressure probably 2 more times before it stays put

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I think the 28" Tire is alot for a NA setup.

the biggest issue I see is 24PSI in the tires.

I run my 305/45/17 Et Street R's at 15-18 PSI at the track and have no issues hooking off the line.

The Tires dont need a crazy long burnout either. when you see smoke roll out

your tires probably had more than 24 PSI in them after the burnout. I know when I drop to 18Psi for my first pass of the night when I come back to the lanes im at 22ish PSI and need to drop the pressure probably 2 more times before it stays put
Thanks for the reply. I think your spot on on the tire pressure. I really didn't go prepared,time wise, to make adjustments. I had short window of time in the evening to cram in a couple of passes and then had family obligations. I really wish I could have dropped it to about 16 or so.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Drop down to 16-18 PSI range, fairly short burnout. Your 60' is killin ya. I've been low 1.60's on that exact tire with E85 tune, and a converter. Just stall it up to around 1,500 and stomp it. Not sure if that is best for the 18+ A10, but works great on the A6. Use regular brakes, not E-brake.

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Drop down to 16-18 PSI range, fairly short burnout. Your 60' is killin ya. I've been low 1.60's on that exact tire with E85 tune, and a converter. Just stall it up to around 1,500 and stomp it. Not sure if that is best for the 18+ A10, but works great on the A6. Use regular brakes, not E-brake.
I tried both the e-brake and foot brake. It basically resulted in blowing them off almost out of the hole. My burnout process is to usually back into the water, spin em and pull forward a tick, use sport mode and hold it in second, do the burnout (usually not long as you say) and roll to the tree. Start my data log and bump it into drive. I think you guys are spot on on the pressure. Just too much in the tire and I may have actually not warmed the tires up enough. Thanks for the input!!

Sponsored

MDot50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang
Low 1.60s in a 18-19 with converter? What was your et ?

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Even with no converter I should be high 1.6's I believe.

MDot50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang
I made some test passes at local track. Got a lot of wheel hop. Emailed BMR asked what I should upgrade to help prevent wheel hop. They asked my setup and recommended I drop tire pressure to 17psi after burn out. Next time I went to the track got my best 60ft with their recommendation

Sponsored

2camsam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang , 1983 Mustang , 2004 mach 1 , 1992 Vanilla ice edition GT
Your 60 ft is poo . I have run 7.20's at that track at 94 mph . You need to get the 60ft down 1.50. I had my bone stock 2019 Mustang Gt there and ran 8.04 @ 91.40 so your tune might be off . Have you weighed your car?
dragstrip best x.jpg

2camsam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Base model Gt 235 all season tires.
base model.jpg

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Your 60 ft is poo . I have run 7.20's at that track at 94 mph . You need to get the 60ft down 1.50. I had my bone stock 2019 Mustang Gt there and ran 8.04 @ 91.40 so your tune might be off . Have you weighed your car?
dragstrip best x.jpg
Hey, thanks for the reply! Pretty sure I saw you there Friday night. I popped in kinda late and had family obligations so I just didn't have alot of time to play around. Again, I think your exactly right. I just couldn't get the power down out of the hole. I think its mostly due to running air pressure to high and inconsistent burnout. (and a poor driver). I didn't charge my air tank with enough air to refill the tires appropriately to make the drive home on the M/T's so I went way too conservative on how much air I let out when I got there. No, I haven't weighed it...the question is, have I weighed myself...:crackup: As far as being down on power, I sent 3 logs to Jon Jr. and he said everything looked good (except for the fact that the 60 was trash). I reviewed the logs myself and I was getting 29-31 degrees so it wasn't pulling anything from TC or false knock. Like you and the others have said, I really need to get those 60's down.

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey, thanks for the reply! Pretty sure I saw you there Friday night. I popped in kinda late and had family obligations so I just didn't have alot of time to play around. Again, I think your exactly right. I just couldn't get the power down out of the hole. I think its mostly due to running air pressure to high and inconsistent burnout. (and a poor driver). I didn't charge my air tank with enough air to refill the tires appropriately to make the drive home on the M/T's so I went way too conservative on how much air I let out when I got there. No, I haven't weighed it...the question is, have I weighed myself...:crackup: As far as being down on power, I sent 3 logs to Jon Jr. and he said everything looked good (except for the fact that the 60 was trash). I reviewed the logs myself and I was getting 29-31 degrees so it wasn't pulling anything from TC or false knock. Like you and the others have said, I really need to get those 60's down.
Just curious, is yours a Performance Pack car?

2camsam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The air was pretty crappy but next time you go pm me and i'll bring my air pump.
Sponsored