Console concealed firearm carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

armoredsaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Stage 1 Roush Supercharger
same. if i'm driving somewhere that might warrant an easier access, it comes out of the holster and goes under my left thigh.

this tactic was taught to me by a friend of mine that trains officers for a living.
Zombiekiller, both you and your friend should read this.

In short, under the leg is a BAD idea.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/1986-miami-shootout-takeaways-lessons-civilians/

:)

As far as the general topic, G Code holsters are FANTASTIC for this. Expensive, but allow mounting options and you can place/grab/move the weapon, in Condition 1, safely and effortlessly.

I have used a the velcro-backed RTI mount on the car interior, then had a M&P Shield in an RTI mount holster. Then have an RTI mount in my daily carry backpack.

So the weapon can come 'off' the vehicle and either go into my IWB holster on me, or it can go into my backpack.

I have many RTI-compatible holsters for many different pistols, as well as RTI mounts for belts, droplegs, on armor, etc.

It is a heavy initial investment but it gives TREMENDOUS safety and flexibility as handling the weapon can often be accomplished (as above) with the gun fully seated in a holster covering the trigger. :)

RTI vehicle/velcro mount: https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/rti-vehicle-mounting-system/

Holsters (other mfgrs including Safariland also make compatible rigs): https://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/osh-holsters/
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Why screw around, carry your regular sidearm on your person and an AR pistol Velcroed to the fold down seat. It works in my Subaru. They are cheap enough to build now, put one in every car.

armoredsaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Stage 1 Roush Supercharger
Why screw around, carry your regular sidearm on your person and an AR pistol Velcroed to the fold down seat. It works in my Subaru. They are cheap enough to build now, put one in every car.
99Zeus99, right on with the AR pistol comment. Without getting any more specific, with the current political climate and polarization of this country, I am *NOT* getting caught flat-footed in my vehicle during a spontaneous civil unrest / Twitter flash mob situation. Palmetto State Armory has CHEAP pistol kits, soft good suppliers are having crazy sales on plate carriers, and you can buy a set of steel Level III plates for cheap.

As far as carrying your sidearm on your person in the vehicle, yes, that is an option. Not to get all keyboard ninja, but I have done high speed type vehicle training working in, out and around cars.

In short, you absolutely CAN draw from concealment seated in a vehicle, but it takes practice and you have to also build a 'task script' that includes getting your seat belt off, rolling down the windows if you can (to avoid going deaf), possibly shifting the car's transmission, etc. If you have never shot from inside a vehicle, holy fricking moly. Forget touching off 5.56; non-suppressed 9mm subsonics are absolute bell ringers. BTW, Federal HST is FANTASTIC subsonic personal defense ammo!

Doing a one-man-band draw during a massively stressful adrenaline dump, from concealment, seated in a car, with a pistol in condition 1 (the ONLY way you should carry -> forget trying to rack a slide especially in a car), is not something that should be taken lightly. Very easy to inadvertently loose trigger/muzzle discipline from a 4 o'clock IWB due to the biomechanics, weight shift, tight space, etc.

Locating the pistol off your body, yet low-vis and secured, is most of the time a smarter play. YMMV, not trying to school you, but unless you regularly practice the 'task script' of an IWB concealment car seat draw, you're making it harder/more dangerous on yourself. Try it while seated/belted in your car with an empty gun -> again, getting windows open (DO THIS FIRST) and taking off seatbelt. Get a free timer app for your smart phone (or shot timer if you have one) with a random start time and attempt it with a minimal amount of stress. :)

All good conversation regardless!!!!!

Also, I am intrigued with the possibility of forming some Kydex to fit into the rear part of the driver's door sill compartment in the S550. It is relatively large, would def hide a small/midsize pistol yet would be easily accessible quickly with a cross draw. In fact, I'm gonna futz with it today.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
So glad I moved out of Commiefornia. Waiting for the Mecklenburg Sheriff to complete my app, and I'll be carrying very soon!!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I want a rear-window rack to put my BCM carbine in. Drive around Northern Virginia, cause some heads to explode form emotional reaction.

Sponsored

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
can the OP please post the pic again. It's not showing up.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
I understand your point........but........ lots of people are in different situations that just don't allow full time concealed carry.
By state law I can keep mine in the car in the parking lot at work but company policy does not allow me to actually carry while at work.
My compromise is to leave my Ruger LCP in the "hidden" glove box compartment while at work. For those who carry something too large to fit the compartment I can see where a dedicated car holster would be the best course of action.
One thing I don't like about the console weapon stash is that it means other things cannot fit in the console. Also don't care for just putting the pistol under the seat or in the console. If somebody breaks into the car for a quick smash and grab they will most likely find the pistol. Hopefully, inside the hidden glove box compartment, a thief would not find it with a 30 second search.
I use a cable tethered pistol case if I can’t c/c. That way I can lock it to the car and lock it in my safe.

OP
OP

YellowMenace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT, 1973 Ford Capri with Coyote
I also just printed a mount for my phone charger. It's a little hard to see because it's so hidden behind the charger. Snaps under the dash trim and has a double sided tape in addition to that. Sorry the pics are sideways.
S550PhoneMount1.jpg
S550PhoneMount2.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

YellowMenace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT, 1973 Ford Capri with Coyote

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Got my CC back in Feb and picked up my Sig P365 in May. What I really like is that it fits in the fairing pocket in my Road Glide
D19F646B-E7F3-41B4-B087-67ABEA3F5215.jpeg

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I use a cable tethered pistol case if I can’t c/c. That way I can lock it to the car and lock it in my safe.
I do the same. I have one in each car.

Status
Not open for further replies.