Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL...well you can always go with the Judge. .410 buckshot or some .357 Magnum for that ass!
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
G23, fits perfectly!

OP
OP

YellowMenace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT, 1973 Ford Capri with Coyote
If I remember correctly the Taurus PT series and the baby Glocks are exactly the same length. The M&P compact is just slightly longer.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I had a PT145 before I bought my g23. I have honestly never regretted the upgrade.

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
My question is why you would do this in the first place? Personally I carry my sidearm where it belongs...on my side. If I go somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carry (bank, bar, etc) then I leave it under the seat. You live in Texas so I guess I don't understand the logic?
I understand your point........but........ lots of people are in different situations that just don't allow full time concealed carry.
By state law I can keep mine in the car in the parking lot at work but company policy does not allow me to actually carry while at work.
My compromise is to leave my Ruger LCP in the "hidden" glove box compartment while at work. For those who carry something too large to fit the compartment I can see where a dedicated car holster would be the best course of action.
One thing I don't like about the console weapon stash is that it means other things cannot fit in the console. Also don't care for just putting the pistol under the seat or in the console. If somebody breaks into the car for a quick smash and grab they will most likely find the pistol. Hopefully, inside the hidden glove box compartment, a thief would not find it with a 30 second search.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
My question is why you would do this in the first place? Personally I carry my sidearm where it belongs...on my side. If I go somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carry (bank, bar, etc) then I leave it under the seat. You live in Texas so I guess I don't understand the logic?

I leave my ccw in the holster at 4 on my when I get in. I don't like messing around with a loaded weapon any more than needed and can see the plus to having a second dedicated weapon like this.

Interested in one for kahr cw9!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yep its nice to just have it there when it's needed.

two is one, and one is none.

OP
OP

YellowMenace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This little project is starting to look like an excuse to buy a bunch more guns...

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
could always use some more..

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
can never have too many

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i have too many guns

said no one ever

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I know where you're coming from. Personally I wouldn't leave a weapon in my car unless I absolutely had to. If you get car jacked what good is a gun in your glove box when a perp has his pointed at your head? When it's on my side I can use my left hand to release my seatbelt and my right hand to draw. This doesn't look unnatural to someone who's amped up and trying to jack you. As you're getting out of the car you can either draw then or wait till he turns his back on you to get in.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Why did you choose to mount it upside down?

While the center console in the SN95 Mustangs is too small, I mounted a kydex push-button holster on a swiveling bracket that I fabbed up to the same bolt that holds the seat belt clip mechanism in place. Keeps my Glock 19 very secure and it can be rotated up for quick access (and can only be retrieved from the driver's position) or down for concealment behind the seat cushion. The only downside is that it scratches up the center console when I move the seat forward/backward (the holster is sandwiched between the seat and center console). IMO it's the ideal place to put a firearm if there's enough clearance, as when/if it's broken into, it's very unlikely that someone would look down between the seat and center console if they're in a hurry. I've had several friends sit in the driver's seat and buckle up without them noticing it.

My friend made a simple kydex holster that stands up-right in the console of his Tundra by using a mounting plate to velcro the holster to the side of the console, which puts his 1911 in a pretty convenient downward-facing angle so you can draw it with your hand in the proper position.

OP
OP

YellowMenace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to drill holes there are lots of options for mounting conventional holsters inside or outside most consoles. This is intended as an alternative.

Inside the S550 console space is very limited so upside down is about the only option.

I've had a lot of input where folks felt that only the conventional, barrel-down orientation was the only way to go. I've also gotten a lot of input where they liked this orientation. What I've seen with gun folks is that they have very specific ideas of what is acceptable to them in a holster. Probably why there are so many holsters on the market.

I may offer a barrel-down config later for some vehicle with large consoles to meet that demand. Right now I'm working with this design.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.