Airline Travel on Vacation with Firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Headed out on a vacation and realized this is the first time I've flown instead of driving somewhere in quite a long time. Headed somewhere that my permits are all good obviously. I certainly plan on looking in to the TSA website and the airline website, but wanted to see if you guys do it, and tips, things in particular that you do, etc etc? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I've done it before, hard lockable case, no ammo. Put a pistol case inside a bigger suitcase.

I'd make it as discrete as possible so no one thinks there is a gun in there. No big NRA or Glock stickers all over the bag. If carrying a rifle I'd get a pelican case.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Are you really questioning why passengers aren't allowed to have guns in their carry-on?
Came here to say this exact same thing. I don't care if you've passed a concealed weapons course and have CCW permit in all states you'll fly through/to. The only people I want having a gun on an airplane are LEO and a trained pilot in a locked cabin. I'm also fully in support of the Second Amendment, but guns in the hands of untrained or marginally trained individuals do NOT belong on aircraft.

JR

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

The only people I want having a gun on an airplane are LEO and a trained pilot in a locked cabin. I'm also fully in support of the Second Amendment, but guns in the hands of untrained or marginally trained individuals do NOT belong on aircraft.

JR

Quoted for truth. Guns and planes can be a really, really bad mix. It takes some very specific training to combine the two safely. I know cuz I've had the training. That's me, third from left, just back from a mission dropping leaflets over Bagdad, still wearing an M9.
14368807828_b90d68e63b_o.jpg

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Quoted for truth. Guns and planes can be a really, really bad mix. It takes some very specific training to combine the two safely. I know cuz I've had the training. That's me, third from left, just back from a mission dropping leaflets over Bagdad, still wearing an M9.
14368807828_b90d68e63b_o.jpg
Thank you for your service! I know a lot of LEOs that can conceal carry on commercial flights, that don't. Why? Because every gun in the cabin is a weapon that could be used against the air crew and/or any first responders/other LEOs.

When you're on a military flight, that's a very different animal, where everyone is a professional, and everyone (well, most) is professionally trained with weapons.

As an aside, the M9 gets a bad rap, but I like it. I have a PX4 Storm, myself, but I'm always on the lookout for a 92FS...

JR

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Do it all the time, easy peasey. Locked case, unloaded, ammo in separate box. Declare when you check the bag and follow their instructions - different airports are different in how they handle the bag inspection.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
WHaaaaaaaaattt??? You're kidding right? No carry on? WTF is up with that rule?
I agree. That makes it hard to reroute if you decide you want to go somewhere else after takeoff.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I do it all the time too. Double locked Pelican case, no ammo in case. Ammo in box in the suitcase. Declare at checkin counter. Never had issues.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hahhahahahahaha....soooo sorry guys! When I started this thread, I was looking for the small, particular items. I made a bad assumption that checked baggage was a given. My bad, was just having a little fun with that reply. Like @jacknifetoaswan , I’m a 25 year military aviator, along with a lot of other firearms training. Agree with everything that’s been said.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Make sure you hang around check it in. If you go through TSA line and they want to inspect, you have to it all over again. Happen to me in Portland, Calling my name over PA to get me back so I could unlock box.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.