Active Exhaust sounds like crap.

nmarz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anyone else's Active Exhaust sound like shit in Normal mode? Mine make the car sound like it has an exhaust leak when in Normal mode and I can even hear it in Sport mode slightly. I have to put it into Track mode for it to sound good.
Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sounds like you could've forgone the factory active exhaust if you don't like the sound.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Anyone else's Active Exhaust sound like shit in Normal mode? Mine make the car sound like it has an exhaust leak when in Normal mode and I can even hear it in Sport mode slightly. I have to put it into Track mode for it to sound good.
Maybe it has a leak....have you checked for one? If no leak, go spend some bucks and get an after market setup. I have heard some that sound pretty good. I love my active exhaust. The sound is pretty comparable to many after market with the added benefit of quieting it down when needed.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
This is an interesting posting and should I not owned the Dodge Hellcats I would agree somewhat with the OP. When I am in the car the exhaust does not sound as exhilarating as did my Hellcats. And when I put her in sport mode you can tell a little difference inside the interior. Interestingly when I do a remote start while walking up to her she sounds every bit as loud as my former Hellcats. And I have friends who have followed me while in Sport mode and claim she is gnarly. Thus for me I feel Ford has done a better job on interior noise deadening then Dodge did with the Hellcats. So summing it up the active exhaust imo is every bit as noisy loud as my Hellcats which is plenty for me. And for anyone who has owned including me the loud interior exhaust noise truly gets old after an hour.

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
This is an interesting posting and should I not owned the Dodge Hellcats I would agree somewhat with the OP. When I am in the car the exhaust does not sound as exhilarating as did my Hellcats. And when I put her in sport mode you can tell a little difference inside the interior. Interestingly when I do a remote start while walking up to her she sounds every bit as loud as my former Hellcats. And I have friends who have followed me while in Sport mode and claim she is gnarly. Thus for me I feel Ford has done a better job on interior noise deadening then Dodge did with the Hellcats. So summing it up the active exhaust imo is every bit as noisy loud as my Hellcats which is plenty for me. And for anyone who has owned including me the loud interior exhaust noise truly gets old after an hour.
^^^ Why I bought a Vert with active exhaust. Between my car and watching a gazzilion video reviews I think the OP should get things checked out... I don't think most people hear an exhaust leaking sound in Normal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nmarz77

nmarz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It sounds kind of like a raspy exhaust note. Nobody else hears this? It is especially more prominent when the back seats are down.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It sounds kind of like a raspy exhaust note. Nobody else hears this? It is especially more prominent when the back seats are down.
Are you sure you don't have a EB?

No offense to the EB guys, but an EB sounds raspy like most 4 bangers. The active exhaust on the EB sounds darn good though for a 4 banger btw.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Go listen to other videos and see if it sounds the same. Maybe your taste buds just don't like this kind of flavor.

OP
OP
nmarz77

nmarz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It's definitely not an EcoBoost LOL Maybe I just have sensitive ears.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Having put several axle backs, cat backs, headers and exhaust systems on my previous 5 Mustang GTs, I have to say the active exhaust is simply awesome. You might have an exhaust leak or some issue with the valving.
No drone at at all and I like "normal" best. Sport when I want to show off. Quiet when the wife is near.

OP
OP
nmarz77

nmarz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Having put several axle backs, cat backs, headers and exhaust systems on my previous 5 Mustang GTs, I have to say the active exhaust is simply awesome. You might have an exhaust leak or some issue with the valving.
No drone at at all and I like "normal" best. Sport when I want to show off. Quiet when the wife is near.
I think it's an issue with the valves as well. It's almost like a fluttering sound. Maybe one of the valves is loose or defective.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I was changing the modes when a guy was looking up the exhaust outlet and se saw them move. Could easily be something loose. I imagine that part would be warranted.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I used my Corsa X pipe from my 15’ GT and put it on my 18’ GT with active exhaust and it sounds awesome.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Driving around in Normal mode a loud S197 came up revving at me. Put mine into track mode and opened up for a brief second. The guy gave me an astonished look and thumbs up. Shortly after I turned into my neighborhood and snuck home in quiet.

Yeah, I love active exhaust and the sound is perfect for me.
Sponsored