Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
agree. i could buy that for the 18, but for the 19, i'd expect it to be the same. especially when you consider that ford performance put out one tune for both years.
Agreed. I wonder if there is a 19 owner brave enough to try, not sure if you can or not. I can't believe the computer can tell the difference between a 18 vs a 19. What do I know though.
Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I wonder if there is a 19 owner brave enough to try, not sure if you can or not. I can't believe the computer can tell the difference between a 18 vs a 19. What do I know though.
Position 10 of the VIN is a year designation. If the tune files are valid for J (2018) only, the AP probably would not install them to a K (2019).

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Position 10 of the VIN is a year designation. If the tune files are valid for J (2018) only, the AP probably would not install them to a K (2019).
Aww makes sense. Thx for the info. Always nice to learn stuff

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
agree. i could buy that for the 18, but for the 19, i'd expect it to be the same. especially when you consider that ford performance put out one tune for both years.
How do you know that Ford Performance only put out one tune file for 18 and 19?

The tune downloaded to your car is based on the VIN the ProCal software reads. They released it for both years but they certainly could be different.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Curious who has ordered the 2018/19 procal tune yet? I ordered mine from Levittown friday. Still shows as processing.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I asked the dealer about the ProCal tune when I went in for an oil change Saturday. I gave the PN to the parts guy and showed him the FP website... he said that FP was closed and he’d have to call them on Monday to check prices. Also thought it would take a couple hours to install, so I should estimate about $1000 for the job...

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
@justme97
I ordered from Levittownfordparts on March 8th. They shipped FedEx today, scheduled for this Wednesday delivery. I will be installing it that evening.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Sweet must be in. No dealer install for you? I'd much rather do install myself but I bought FP for the warranty support. Gonna be tempted though!

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I asked the dealer about the ProCal tune when I went in for an oil change Saturday. I gave the PN to the parts guy and showed him the FP website... he said that FP was closed and he’d have to call them on Monday to check prices. Also thought it would take a couple hours to install, so I should estimate about $1000 for the job...
Have you ever installed an air filter? add that to the time to plug in a laptop, and click 'install'. If you pay more than $125 for an install, you're getting ripped off. Even $125 is expensive for something you could realistically do yourself in about 15 minutes, though i suppose its worth it for the warranty. However, keep in mind that any ASE mechanic can install, it doesn't have to be a ford dealer. You can also order yourself from Levitown ford for about $400, so realistically, you should be around $525-$550 for the kit + install.

Co-incidentally (or is it?), that's the same price as a new Cobb AP.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Have you ever installed an air filter? add that to the time to plug in a laptop, and click 'install'. If you pay more than $125 for an install, you're getting ripped off. Even $125 is expensive for something you could realistically do yourself in about 15 minutes, though i suppose its worth it for the warranty. However, keep in mind that any ASE mechanic can install, it doesn't have to be a ford dealer. You can also order yourself from Levitown ford for about $400, so realistically, you should be around $525-$550 for the kit + install.

Co-incidentally (or is it?), that's the same price as a new Cobb AP.
So it's Wednesday and the dealer still hasn't called me back... I'm pretty sure those numb-nutz aren't going to call me back, either. Really pretty clueless or so it seemed. I would be willing to pay them an hour labor for the install, and I'm fully prepared to show them the Levitown price and negotiate from there. Their ASE mechanics can do the job or someone else's can, it's up to them. I'd like to be in and out for $600 or less.

Sponsored

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
2018-19 Procal ordered from Levittownfordparts came in this afternoon. I can verify that it does ship with a K&n filter. And the guys at Levitt town threw in some swag, a nice FORD t-shirt. Cool!
Having trouble downloading the actual Calibration file, getting a "error code (-1001) bad JSON". Will have to call FRPP tech support in the morning.
IMG_1190.jpg

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
You have the laptop plugged into car when downloading?

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Wow, even Ford knows their original intake is better than the one they shipped with the original Eco-boost power pack. That intake must have been for marketing purposes.... Hmm, but why the K&N? I guess K&N filters really don't void your warranty.

Also, in regards to your JSON (Javascript) problems... Use Chrome and refresh the cache by pressing F5 in the browser.
Sponsored