Sponsored

2021 Mustang GT Refresh Rendering (based on first spyshots)

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'll tentatively say I'm not a fan, unless of course it hurts someones feelings. Also not sure its a big enough (noticeable) change to the general public after a 3 year model refresh.
At least it would be better than what Chevy did with the '19 Camaro redesign. ( I still believe whoever approved it must have done so while snorting something off of a "lady-of-the-night's posterior). EVERY time is see one on the streets it makes me cringe. View attachment 2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-01.jpg
Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
At least it would be better than what Chevy did with the '19 Camaro redesign. ( I still believe whoever approved it must have done so while snorting something off of a "lady-of-the-night's posterior). EVERY time is see one on the streets it makes me cringe. View attachment 2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-01.jpg
What's funny is nobody is buying those ugly things. I've seen one so far..

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The '19 Mustang appearance is what finally convinced me to pull the trigger on one. I'm 37 and every time I've shopped for a car in my adult life I checked out Mustangs but never pulled the trigger until now. I like the front end I have because it looks more modern and less retro/throwback. I also picture the shark teeth/eyes from WW2 airplanes on it in my mind sometimes and it's cool. I see it as a sort of shark face in general.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The '19 Mustang appearance is what finally convinced me to pull the trigger on one. I'm 37 and every time I've shopped for a car in my adult life I checked out Mustangs but never pulled the trigger until now. I like the front end I have because it looks more modern and less retro/throwback. I also picture the shark teeth/eyes from WW2 airplanes on it in my mind sometimes and it's cool. I see it as a sort of shark face in general.
Im younger than you and in no way see the 18/19 front end as more modern

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Am I the only one that likes the 15-17 better?
When I bought my '15 back in August, I had the means where I could have bought an '18 brand new...Granted they killed competition orange, but aside from that...

I had the sales guy pull a new '18 style next to a 15-17 style and I went over the cars for over half an hour, nitpicking it apart. I won't go into the tiny little details here, but I liked the look of the 15-17 style much better, even though it had less power and no direct injection. I know that there are supposedly issues with the g3 coyote's, but I didn't at the time, and so I was purely going by looks vs an extra 25HP. Looks won, and I'll fix the HP part down the road.

OP- nice job on the rendering. Although I'm not a fan of the look (Not to be confused with your abilities), you clearly know your way around photoshop/gimp/whatever tool you used.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just look at how much more modern and sleeker the car on the right is.
IMG_0869.JPG
They both look great in that colour - it does suit the 18. That photo angle is not bad on the 18, it's when you look at the 18 directly head on that problems arise. I also prefer the more prominent creases in the hood on the 15, don't like the vents in the 18.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my '15 back in August, I had the means where I could have bought an '18 brand new...Granted they killed competition orange, but aside from that...

I had the sales guy pull a new '18 style next to a 15-17 style and I went over the cars for over half an hour, nitpicking it apart. I won't go into the tiny little details here, but I liked the look of the 15-17 style much better, even though it had less power and no direct injection. I know that there are supposedly issues with the g3 coyote's, but I didn't at the time, and so I was purely going by looks vs an extra 25HP. Looks won, and I'll fix the HP part down the road.

OP- nice job on the rendering. Although I'm not a fan of the look (Not to be confused with your abilities), you clearly know your way around photoshop/gimp/whatever tool you used.
Nice, comp orange is a great color. What did you land on?

I do believe the gen 1-3 all have a mixture of direct and port injection.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
still cant get over the fish face

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They both look great in that colour - it does suit the 18. That photo angle is not bad on the 18, it's when you look at the 18 directly head on that problems arise. I also prefer the more prominent creases in the hood on the 15, don't like the vents in the 18.
And that's the thing - they both have pluses and minuses for different people. I do like the vents over the creases. I'm not a fan of the lower grille of the '18, but I thought the '15s hood was too high and flat. Of the two, the lower grille is the easier fix with aftermarket parts.
Sponsored