RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Air box isn’t really necessary, factory box flows more than enough. A high flow filter is all you needs. Agree on the price. Would love to see it a bit lower since it’s software only.
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
FP chat dialog:

"It is available now. It won't ship for a few more days at the least though. We are still awaiting "first part inspection" and the final dyno #'s

Same 36 month warranty

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
So if the kit doesn't include an air box that needs to be installed and includes a free calibration voucher does that mean there won't be any charge from the dealer for installation?

Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
So if the kit doesn't include an air box that needs to be installed and includes a free calibration voucher does that mean there won't be any charge from the dealer for installation?
according to FP chat:

"Yes, it needs to be installed by a dealer or ASE certified". I highly doubt at no charge..

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
I just chatted with FRPP, I asked if the package comes with supporting parts, like airbox or colder plugs. So, they said it comes with a hi flow air filter, no airbox or plugs. Which is fine with me.
I will probably be putting my COBB Accessport up for sale soon once the FRPP tune comes out because I want to keep the car all FORD, I'm a dork like that, and I don't plan on any other mods. I just have the FRPP Sport cat back and the Garrett intercooler on my 2018 6spd manual, PP, 101A car, and it's my year round daily driver that I will end up selling as a down payment on a Shelby in a few years. Its my tweener car.
I'm hoping the GT350 will be my "Red Barchetta" ;)

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's cool that they include the filter.
If you read the description of the product they say they include a "calibration voucher".
What does that voucher get you? Is calibration different than installation?

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
That's cool that they include the filter.
If you read the description of the product they say they include a "calibration voucher".
What does that voucher get you? Is calibration different than installation?
the voucher is a code that allows download of the calibration file, installation is completely different, a lot of folks download to their on laptop and bring to Ford to hit "enter". Also needs to be registered with FP for warranty. Hopefully they would do this at no cost if you bought car from them. If not possible good ASE tech would do it for you for free or cheap.. :)

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was kind of hoping it meant the dealer does a custom calibration . I think my dealer rate is 130 and they charged me a full hour to copy the basic non remote key for my Explorer so I'm probably sol!

Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
well it definately should be less than the 15-17 guys had to pay as they had to install the cai as well. I paid approx $250 but when i got home and plugged my laptop into car i noticed the calibration wasnt loaded. Dealer was too far away (and at this point i figured they had no clue) so i loaded it myself.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the raised the msrp on the old kit by over $100, probably to make this kit appear cheaper. Hopefully when this kit hits the 3rd party websites it'll be under 500.
Did anyone ask fp what kind of gains this kit gives? Strange they don't list that, after all that testing I'm sure they know.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
They claim awaiting numbers before shipping , my guess from 3rd party is $399..

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Looks like the raised the msrp on the old kit by over $100, probably to make this kit appear cheaper. Hopefully when this kit hits the 3rd party websites it'll be under 500.
Did anyone ask fp what kind of gains this kit gives? Strange they don't list that, after all that testing I'm sure they know.
I'ma guess 335 hp and 380 tq, to the crank that is