Sponsored

Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
The best way to speak in that matter is with your money, but that requires a every customer to hold off on buying one until ADM is gone. But that won't happen because people who have a lot of budget to spend won't care (if I would be in that position I probably wouldn't either to be honest), so they'll gladly pay ADM and get the car now giving ADMs a reason to exist.
Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Fords pricing isn't fixed, so there is no incentive to do anything. Their msrp is suggested. Nothing more.

People want to buy cars at invoice but freak out when a dealer tries to make a little coin.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Fords pricing isn't fixed, so there is no incentive to do anything. Their msrp is suggested. Nothing more.

People want to buy cars at invoice but freak out when a dealer tries to make a little coin.
MSRP is one thing (and the Suggested part is the problem), but dealer trying to put $10k-$20k isn't just making a little coin, it's forcing people (those who want to buy) into paying a higher price for no other reason than the dealer is trying to take more money out of your pocket.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Market demand supports ADM for the GT-500, Ford knows this and their dealers know this. Ford also knows that people get pissed at other brands as well and they buy a Ford.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
MSRP is one thing (and the Suggested part is the problem), but dealer trying to put $10k-$20k isn't just making a little coin, it's forcing people (those who want to buy) into paying a higher price for no other reason than the dealer is trying to take more money out of your pocket.
A) some dealers sell at msrp, I know this for fact.
B) its a free market. If you want something you pay the selling price. You dont need this car. Your life wont be negatively affected if you don't buy it.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The only way to try and address ADMs is to change laws that protect the outdated selling practices in the automotive industry. Plus Ford's business model forces a lot of dealers to charge ADMs on the high performance specialty vehicles because the rest of the lineup has small profit margins. Most of a dealers profit comes from used car sales and service. It sucks for those of us that primarily buy these high performance specialty vehicles.

Building a great relationship with a local dealer or shopping nationwide is key to getting an MSRP or less deal.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
The sad part is I have played the game with almost every car I have purchased it seems.
I have never paid ADM and always gotten the car I wanted. There are always dealers out there somewhere that won't rob people. I have always figured if you paid ADM you were either.
1. The type of guy that doesn't mind wasting money.
2. Too lazy to look in depth for a non ADM car.
3. Not a good negotiator.
To me it all comes down to why would you pay more than the price for something? The dealer makes money at MSRP.
Thank god they screwed this thing up and only put a DCT in it and I don't have to bother!

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Yeah i guess i completely forgot about the 'suggested' in MSRP so really everything is legit. But if FORD is in the business of making money....which i believe they are, why wouldn't they just make more cars? Explain that too me?

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yeah i guess i completely forgot about the 'suggested' in MSRP so really everything is legit. But if FORD is in the business of making money....which i believe they are, why wouldn't they just make more cars? Explain that too me?
Well one reason is the overall fuel economy requirement average across the Ford vehicle lineup and a gas guzzler like the GT500 doesn't help. Another reason is the suppliers ability to deliver the components needed to build a specialty vehicle. Ford might want to build say 20,000 GT500s, but can only do 10,000 based off of supplier capacity. Spinning up more production capability isn't easy. Plus they also look at things like market demand and try to no over-saturate the market which isn't good either.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford makes more on the higher volume cars. The special cars don't get them as much profit. They would rather make too few than too many. And if you ask me, part of why people like a car is when they aren't super common. The GT500's purpose is to show Ford's capability and make people like OTHER Ford vehicles more so than to make a ton of money for Ford.

The only way to try and address ADMs is to change laws that protect the outdated selling practices in the automotive industry. Plus Ford's business model forces a lot of dealers to charge ADMs on the high performance specialty vehicles because the rest of the lineup has small profit margins. Most of a dealers profit comes from used car sales and service. It sucks for those of us that primarily buy these high performance specialty vehicles.

Building a great relationship with a local dealer or shopping nationwide is key to getting an MSRP or less deal.
I disagree with making laws like that. Either the dealer will just sell the car to himself and then sell it as used for more money, or the first buyer of the car will do it. It's best to let businesses have freedom. If they have poor practices, they will have trouble, lose money, lose sales and go out of business.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I disagree with making laws like that. Either the dealer will just sell the car to himself and then sell it as used for more money, or the first buyer of the car will do it. It's best to let businesses have freedom. If they have poor practices, they will have trouble, lose money, lose sales and go out of business.
I'm not talking about making laws. I'm talking about removing the current noncompetitive laws protecting dealers. Buying a car should be no different from buying a new TV. I can buy a Samsung TV directly from Samsung or Best Buy. Today I can't buy a car direct from Ford though. Why does it have to be different in 2019?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Ford makes more on the higher volume cars. The special cars don't get them as much profit. They would rather make too few than too many. And if you ask me, part of why people like a car is when they aren't super common. The GT500's purpose is to show Ford's capability and make people like OTHER Ford vehicles more so than to make a ton of money for Ford.

How about a sign in every place of business that says: ADM will be added to to anyone from a Ford dealership looking to buy anything.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
A good dealer is invaluable. Everyone has to remember this. The dealer is Ford's customer not you. The dealer repairs your car not Ford and the dealer can cover you with their buying power on a bad outcome should something go south. They have dealers for a reason. Manufacturers are not equipped to handle individual issues and certainly are not inclined to bend company rules to help you. Dealers do this every day, unless they are bad dealers.
Sponsored