Sponsored

Katzkin or Leatherseats.com

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
im looking to upgrade my my seats with solid one color black leather with white piping. Any opinions on going with Katzkin or Leatherseats.com?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

If I can make one suggestion....skip the piping and go with contrasting stitching. I've seen several cars with destroyed piping, just from getting in and out of the car. Once you get one break in it, it's toast.

I too am trying to decide between the two companies. Katzkin has a long history and reputation in the business, but LS.com's pictures look great, and you can choose your own installer while still ordering from the factory.

LS.com Ecstasy, or Katzkin Tuscany is my dilemma. Let us know what you choose...would love to see some pics.

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I will definitely let you guys know which one I choose and will post some pictures.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I can't speak for leathers kind but I have installed 5-6 katzkin kits on different cars and have never had fitment issues. I have done them on 3 of my cars and a few on friends. They have always held up great to wear. I concur with @cbdallas I would choose the contrast stitching over piping IMO.

Deleted member 35644

Hey, 300mag....have any of the Katzkins you've installed been Tuscany leather? I'm really interested in opinions on how it compares to their standard leather.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Any discount codes for Katzkin or leatherseats.com for 6G members?

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I'm waiting for delivery of the Katzkin set that I bought off eBay and will report back on the quality of the kit and fitment.

$570 shipped

Will be using this thread and this YouTube for installation directions.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35644

Gees...he makes it look so easy. I guess I could try this again, this time with the right tools (hog ring pliers). Moddiction quoted me $815 shipped for:

Katzkin
Single wrap color
Tuscany Leather - Midnight
Perforation Insert
Contrast Stitching - Dove Grey

The same options from Leatherseats.com are $1,114 shipped.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Was wondering the same thing. My coworker is the one who actually told me about Leather seats and he used them for his NSX. He got the red ecstasy for his white nsx. looks sick.

I really want the medium red from katzkin but suede inserts but most importantly at the ebay price lol

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I should be getting my car back tomorrow with the new β€œCognac” colored Katzkin leather and front seat heaters installed. I don’t know what the actual source of material is for Leatherseats.com orders, but I have to recommend Katzkin based on past experiences.

Sponsored
OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I ordered from Katzkin single color black with white piping. Gets installed next Friday.
It will look sick on my Black 17 GT Roush Phase 2.

Deleted member 35644

Spoke with a seller on Ebay, and while they were perfectly willing to order it in for me, I was cautioned that the Tuscany leather isn't as durable and only comes with a 1 year warranty. So I went with the base leather, perforated inserts, and gray stitching. Also ordered a pair of hog ring pliers and a bag of rings, so yes...I'm going to try this myself. It was more than double the price of the Ebay kit to order from Katzkin and have it installed, so I'm happy.

Seats.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Hey, 300mag....have any of the Katzkins you've installed been Tuscany leather? I'm really interested in opinions on how it compares to their standard leather.
Sorry, only used the standard leather. usually the pre-configured kits katzkin sells to dealers to match factory. I have usually found the standard leather to exceed the oem leather quality.

Deleted member 35644

Thanks. I was trying to avoid purposely buying leather that's as hard and rough as what Ford puts in their cars at the factory. I loved the look of the seats in my Focus Titanium, but touching them and sitting in them was a different story. It barely qualifies as leather, IMO. Same story on my Ecoboost Premium vert.

I remember spending some time in a Lexus LS400 years ago, and that was some of the softest and nicest leather I'd ever seen in a car. It barely had a texture at all, and felt like a baby's ass. But apparently it's not very durable when its that soft. I suppose by now it would be creased to hell and back. Thanks for the input.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
TBdytB5.jpg

Definitely putting in a good word for Katzkin.
Sponsored