Sponsored

New Ford Retail Tracking Website

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Hello - I paid a down payment for a 2019 Ford Mustang build on 10/20/18 and the build is still “unscheduled” after nearly 10 weeks!! Should I be concerned? My dealer has been trying to call their regional rep but this process seems to be 100% in control of Ford and no info is available to the customer until a VIN is assigned. Very frustrating.
I'd be concerned. I ordered on 11/15 and had my VIN and an estimated delivery date 3 or 4 weeks later (with Thanksgiving in the middle). It could just be that your dealer hasn't pressed to get the VIN (there's one other person around here who had that happen), but if a VIN really hasn't been assigned yet, then I'd question if the dealer is going to get the allocation for the car.
Sponsored

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
I'd be concerned. I ordered on 11/15 and had my VIN and an estimated delivery date 3 or 4 weeks later (with Thanksgiving in the middle). It could just be that your dealer hasn't pressed to get the VIN (there's one other person around here who had that happen), but if a VIN really hasn't been assigned yet, then I'd question if the dealer is going to get the allocation for the car.
I ordered mine in July, didn’t get a vin until November

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I ordered mine in July, didn’t get a vin until November
Did they tell you why it took so long?? When did you finally get your car built? It took you over 16 weeks to get a VIN - did you just wait patiently or contact anyone?

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The dealer says they have 3 other orders waiting. How can Ford allow a dealer to place an order if the dealer does not get an allocation? How long does the dealer have to wait until they are told they cannot order a built vehicle? The allocation requirement seems really insane to me. The dealer should already know - either can or cannot order a car - how in the world does the dealer sell you something they are not allowed to produce?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The dealer says they have 3 other orders waiting. How can Ford allow a dealer to place an order if the dealer does not get an allocation? How long does the dealer have to wait until they are told they cannot order a built vehicle? The allocation requirement seems really insane to me. The dealer should already know - either can or cannot order a car - how in the world does the dealer sell you something they are not allowed to produce?
Varies by dealer.
  • One that I spoke to told me he couldn't get an allocation and waved off the order.
  • Another asked for a few days to see if he could get the allocation (he did) but then wouldn't move off MSRP.
  • The one I placed the order with told me they didn't have an allocation at the moment, were sure they could get one, and dealt on price then and there. The allocation came through 2 weeks later, the VIN a week after that.

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Varies by dealer.
  • One that I spoke to told me he couldn't get an allocation and waved off the order.
  • Another asked for a few days to see if he could get the allocation (he did) but then wouldn't move off MSRP.
  • The one I placed the order with told me they didn't have an allocation at the moment, were sure they could get one, and dealt on price then and there. The allocation came through 2 weeks later, the VIN a week after that.
Yeah I have no idea what the dealer’s allocation is, they acted like it was no problem at all to order and they have contacted the local rep already, they are now trying to call the regional rep since the local guy didn’t accomplish squat. Seems crazy to me that the dealer itself is having so much trouble getting ahold of anyone to help them. This “wait and see” bull crud is for the birds. I am tempted to cancel my order but they will likely keep my down pmt money because lucky me - I am always the one getting screwed.

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
Did they tell you why it took so long?? When did you finally get your car built? It took you over 16 weeks to get a VIN - did you just wait patiently or contact anyone?
my car isn't getting built until Jan 23, so still waiting patiently. I've spoken with everyone I know of at my dealership. All they do is blame it on the regional rep. I was told 6-8 weeks when I ordered it. Pretty frustrating

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
my car isn't getting built until Jan 23, so still waiting patiently. I've spoken with everyone I know of at my dealership. All they do is blame it on the regional rep. I was told 6-8 weeks when I ordered it. Pretty frustrating
Wow. This sounds like the road I will be on as well with my luck and “regional rep” so far no help at all. Just to clarify, you ordered in July 2018 and still have no car? How is that turnaround time acceptable to anyone in any way, shape, or form?

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
Yep... July 13, 2018
Estimated delivery of February 9

Wow. This sounds like the road I will be on as well with my luck and “regional rep” so far no help at all. Just to clarify, you ordered in July 2018 and still have no car? How is that turnaround time acceptable to anyone in any way, shape, or form?

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yep... July 13, 2018
Estimated delivery of February 9
Wow, that really sucks for you. What state do you live in? Is this a location issue? Or more of a statement from Ford - seems like they just don’t want to deal with Mustangs and customers anymore?

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wow, that really sucks for you. What state do you live in? Is this a location issue? Or more of a statement from Ford - seems like they just don’t want to deal with Mustangs and customers anymore?
Not a statement from Ford. It clearly is the dealer. They probably sat on the order and also did not have allocation. By the time they put it in and got allocation other factors came into play. Many users have gotten their Mustangs already even though they placed orders after July. Many from Sept/Oct are now getting or about to get theirs. You will be able to pretty easily find out how they screwed up. Do a chat with Ford Performance who can tell you the history...when the order was placed, when it got a VIN etc.Keep in mind that by default you will wait at least 8 weeks before it goes into production with no delay's. So if they sat on it for a few weeks and did not have allocation for a month or so, that time adds up quickly.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not a statement from Ford. It clearly is the dealer. They probably sat on the order and also did not have allocation. By the time they put it in and got allocation other factors came into play. Many users have gotten their Mustangs already even though they placed orders after July. Many from Sept/Oct are now getting or about to get theirs. You will be able to pretty easily find out how they screwed up. Do a chat with Ford Performance who can tell you the history...when the order was placed, when it got a VIN etc.Keep in mind that by default you will wait at least 8 weeks before it goes into production with no delay's. So if they sat on it for a few weeks and did not have allocation for a month or so, that time adds up quickly.
My order was placed by the dealer on 10/20/18 - I have the paperwork to show it. Order is “clean” but unscheduled still after almost 10 weeks, 8 weeks if you consider Ford’s mandatory time off at the end of December. My dealer assured me that ordering is NO PROBLEM. I have not researched their “allocation” but Ford Performance saw what I saw on the order status and had NO IDEA what is holding up my build. They sent me to Ford marketing who looked up my info and they too had NO IDEA why my order has not been started. Clearly a Ford issue and not my dealer’s problem.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My order was placed by the dealer on 10/20/18 - I have the paperwork to show it. Order is “clean” but unscheduled still after almost 10 weeks, 8 weeks if you consider Ford’s mandatory time off at the end of December. My dealer assured me that ordering is NO PROBLEM. I have not researched their “allocation” but Ford Performance saw what I saw on the order status and had NO IDEA what is holding up my build. They sent me to Ford marketing who looked up my info and they too had NO IDEA why my order has not been started. Clearly a Ford issue and not my dealer’s problem.
Still seems like an allocation issue. I will let you know for sure in a few weeks when I get my VIN. Also I see in another of your posts that your dealer has other cars waiting, again, seems like an allocation issue with that dealer. That dealer can show you that they have allocation or not. Why not ask them to actually show you? You may want to go to another one if they can't or do not want to show it to you.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Still seems like an allocation issue. I will let you know for sure in a few weeks when I get my VIN. Also I see in another of your posts that your dealer has other cars waiting, again, seems like an allocation issue with that dealer. That dealer can show you that they have allocation or not. Why not ask them to actually show you? You may want to go to another one if they can't or do not want to show it to you.
I asked my dealer at ordering about allocation and Ford Performance cannot help me until 12 weeks has passed. I will contact Ford Performance after two more weeks if there still is not a VIN assigned. What a horrendous process this is!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I asked my dealer at ordering about allocation and Ford Performance cannot help me until 12 weeks has passed. I will contact Ford Performance after two more weeks if there still is not a VIN assigned. What a horrendous process this is!
Does not mean you dealer was truthful or accurate. Sorry you are having a bad experience. So far mine has been great. Hope it works out for you.
Sponsored