Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Come on guys....

This is not international politics as much as American ideals being forced down the throats in other countries. Here is a Jaguar ad in the UK:

And now the banned UK Jaguar ad:

Look at how far you have to go before it gets yanked if it is a British car. Cars weaving from left to right and two car racing side by side. All optics and the “American” version did not have proper optics and really had little to do with offending driving practices.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The U.K.'s violent crime rate is 3 times that of the US. And if you removed Detroit, Chicago, D.C. and New Orleans, our murder rate doesn't even crack the top 100.

Additionally, freedom and liberty costs. For the 2nd Amendment to exist, there are definitely some sacrifices.
As poster above says, lets not turn this into an international politics discussion as I could quote stats that show your rates of gun and knife homicides significantly higher than ours, if we remove London it is even more stark. As much as I like the US, I felt I had to say something when some posters were insulting a whole nation over the idiotic decision by the ASA on banning the Mustang advert.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
My favorite Jag commercial, I'd buy one just for this ad. :muscle::muscle:

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
As poster above says, lets not turn this into an international politics discussion as I could quote stats that show your rates of gun and knife homicides significantly higher than ours, if we remove London it is even more stark. As much as I like the US, I felt I had to say something when some posters were insulting a whole nation over the idiotic decision by the ASA on banning the Mustang advert.
Of course our gun homicides are higher than the UK's. We're allowed to own them and our population is over 4x as much as the UK. The UK is a beautiful country and I've vacationed there half a dozen times. What can I say? I like gloomy weather. That said, I couldn't live with the lack of personal freedom, super high taxes, and gas prices as a resident.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Well so much for this thread...

And here I thought mistaking the car for the American version was a big deal.

You kids have fun playing in his sandbox...

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Of course our gun homicides are higher than the UK's. We're allowed to own them and our population is over 4x as much as the UK. The UK is a beautiful country and I've vacationed there half a dozen times. What can I say? I like gloomy weather. That said, I couldn't live with the lack of personal freedom, super high taxes, and gas prices as a resident.
We've just had the best summer since 1976 lol.You make it sound like we have no freedoms,we are as Free as you,the problem is we are a Nanny State and are run by PC idiots.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Are you able to elaborate on the lack of personal freedom? (Sarcastic comments originally within these parentheses deleted as I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I'm trying to be a better person :) )

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
What's next? Banning the reading of Dylan Thomas? Book burning? Lighten up UK, I'm surprised that you allow the filming of Top Gear. That show makes me want to go street racing!! :like:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Great advert. Combines poetry and a nice car.

The speed looks to be within the legal limit. The noise is below the legal limit.
The car appears to be driven not in an aggressive way.

The only aggression shown was the pencil breaking so you could conclude that pencils and stress at work should be banned.

The advert like all ads is unrealistic. During business hours that street would be gridlocked thus preventing any driving of the car. If the add maker had shown that it wouldn’t be banned.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
We've just had the best summer since 1976 lol.You make it sound like we have no freedoms,we are as Free as you,the problem is we are a Nanny State and are run by PC idiots.
No, no you're not as free as we are.

If you defend yourself with force in your own home, you go to jail. You can't own firearms, in any reasonable sense. You are a subject. I am an Anglophile, I love many things about Great Britain, and my Grandfather was from Wales. But freedom is not up to par with the US.

O.k......I'll stop now.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
No, no you're not as free as we are.

If you defend yourself with force in your own home, you go to jail. You can't own firearms, in any reasonable sense. You are a subject. I am an Anglophile, I love many things about Great Britain, and my Grandfather was from Wales. But freedom is not up to par with the US.

O.k......I'll stop now.
So because we can't own firearms and/or shoot people without going to jail we're not free - hmm.... There really is way more to life and freedom than owning guns. And we don't go directly to jail without passing GO or collecting ÂŁ200 for defending ourselves with reasonable force! You shouldn't believe everything you read in the press or on Twitter. (I'll stop now as well)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So because we can't own firearms and/or shoot people without going to jail we're not free - hmm.... There really is way more to life and freedom than owning guns. And we don't go directly to jail without passing GO or collecting ÂŁ200 for defending ourselves with reasonable force! You shouldn't believe everything you read in the press or on Twitter. (I'll stop now as well)
If you defend yourself in your own home, with deadly force, what happens?

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If you defend yourself in your own home, with deadly force, what happens?
The legal question is was the force resonable and proportionate. If you knife someone as they are running away or multiple times in anger it is unlikely to be considered resonable or self defence. So you can kill someone as long as it is proportionate.

https://www.gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders

Last edited:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto