Ford Mustang ads banned in UK!

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Sad, that the law caters to stupid ignorant people who have no ability to critically think.
Agreed but unfortunately it's not just snowflakes who have no ability to critically think.
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to a society driven to action by perceived risks instead of real ones.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Back on topic please. Use the ignore feature if that's easier......

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Son, define exactly what you mean by "proportionate". You're using this word however you please, and it's NOT PART OF THE UK LAWS YOU CITED.

And then grasp that in the UK, if you defend yourself in your own home, you go to jail first. No questions, do not pass GO, straight to jail. Then maybe, just maybe, they decide to not press charges and you're released.

That's not freedom. That's not liberty. That's being assumed guilty until proven innocent.
You stated for the UK that "If you defend yourself with force in your own home, you go to jail." This is wrong.

Could the process be improved, yes definitely but that was not your original point. I have sent you the link to UK law on this. Whether they use reasonable or proportionate, for the purpose of this discussion it's irrelevant.

Anyway, im about to take off now to the US. Hopefully i won't walk on someones front lawn by accident!

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Welcome to a society driven to action by perceived risks instead of real ones.
One that is also coming to demand complete uniformity in how risks are perceived, and where independent options, choices, attitudes, and actions that disagree with societal norms are gradually being "sterilized out".

Glad I grew up in the years starting shortly after WWII . . .

Norm

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
What the H is happening over there in England... they have so many issues right now and they are worried about Mustang ads. What a fine country going down the drain at its own hands.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
AFAIK England as a whole is doing pretty well. Smart that they are exiting from the EU as they were just going to get dragged down by the even more socialized countries. Their economy is fairly decent. Yes, banning a relatively tame commercial is pretty poor behavior, but I don't see that as an indication that everything is messed up over there. Probably just some entrenched and excessively liberal government employees. We have a lot of that here as well, with several government employees even being sent to prison for breaking the law while working against the will of the people.

Deleted member 35644

Wonder how long it took for this one to get rejected.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
That was seriously funny!

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
what a screwed up PC world this is. that commercial is in no fricking way offensive. :asshat:
In fact, it's very cool ! :sunglasses:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Sadly the day might not be too far off, in the UK and perhaps the U.S. too, that even reving an engine in a commercial will be enough to get the commercial banned. :frown:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hush your mouth . . . some snowflake might hear you and think that's something we all need to be protected from.

Norm