Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah maybe they overracted here. But the spot is definitely not showing just the usal relaxed driving footage instead directly saying "if you are in rage, let it out in a Mustang" and showing the car racing out of the car park, so at least I understand that this some authorities think this is too much.

This is literally the usual behaviour of Ford Europe - Do something the way you want and then find out that what you did is actually not allowed in Europe. Just like the sad 15 EU Mustang.

Also it feels cheap to use this poem after Instellar...
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Jaguar just makes better commercials. I could care less about ya’s arguments on gun rights and all that. Again, Ford commercials suck and should banned for just being boring.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Probably got Ford more publicity getting the advert banned!

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I wholeheartedly applaud Ford for this type of Mustang commercial. When was the last time we had a Mustang commercial that frankly left me smiling at the the final shot of the car running up the street and watching it several times over to see the details I missed the previous time. The fact that it was banned gets people talking about the Mustang attitude and actively searching to see the ad. That is frankly what advertising is designed to do. I am tired of seeing only Dodge commercials with this amount of attitude. The other Ford commercial featuring Bryan Cranston called 'Anthem - the Future is Built' is another very good ad. (of course I am partial to any commercial the uses a Rolling Stones song).

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Ford has very few commercials featuring the Mustang, and for good reason. The car sells itself. They'd rather spend money trying to up sell the other vehicles in their fleet.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Also it feels cheap to use this poem after Instellar...

Struck me the same way as Dylan wrote that as (I believe) his dad was dying. Interstellar (the movie) used it as humanity was dying and a group of scientists left earth as humanity’s last hope. And Ford uses it to sell a Mustang to a bored pencil snapping male model of uncertain sexual orientation... :cwl:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Reminds me of this one - more people saw this than would ever have been the case if it hadn't been 'banned'

LOL ... I had forgotten all about that fine piece of Ford commercial artwork. :rockon::like::clap:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
There was a whole series of commercials on that theme. About 4 or 5 I think. They were all good. I would like to see Ford play that theme with the Mustang but I'm sure they want it to be all-American, Sunshine, apple pie, happy, joyful, cruising fun. It should also have a sinister side.

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Geez, I thought a little historical poke would be fun, not turn into a huge turd-bomb. We've got our own issues to deal with on this side of the pond. We thought it was on the stupid side of funny when the Mustang brochure had to be redone for the '03 model year when the stereo feature page had to be changed from "Speak up, I can't hear you officer" (blue strip cover) to "Speak up, I can't hear you dude" (second printing). Also the GTs page went from "Don't ya just love the smell of burning rubber in the morning?" to"Some heated discussions are best settled off-line".
But there is one thing about the shooting thing...in the south here, we shoot back.

V6mtl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
I think the monarchy is afraid that it will wake up the Britons.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ford got banned for what snwoflakes thought, were "someone" driving erratically, or unsafely within their ads....?

These shallow, fragile people complain, because they are ignorant of the world around them. And most likely incapable of seeing the onscreen disclaimer of professional driver's on closed course.

Sad, that the law caters to stupid ignorant people who have no ability to critically think.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
^
SHOW ME ON THIS DOLL.jpg
Sponsored