OP

Escobar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The toe links themselves don't do much for handling. There is deflection in the stock toe links but not something you'd really notice as a DD. I see the Ford Performance toe-knuckle bearing as a more beneficial mod for handling purposes. The adjustability is what you really lose. The adjustable toe links give way more adjustment than the stock eccentric bolts provide. This can be helpful when really trying to dial in rear camber and toe to your liking.

Mine is a DD as well and it's my only car. The constant clunking was driving me crazy, even so far as taking my good mood/day and ruining it in a matter of seconds. I guess - the idea that I spent so much on this NEW car that sounds like a broken down heap lol. Made me feel like it was a waste. It's so nice having a quiet ride again! I would recommend going back to the stock toe links or asking Steeda about theirs.

If you do go back to stock, remember the stock toe links use eccentric bolts and if you don't have the old ones you'll have to buy them again otherwise you won't be able to adjust them.
I feel you on that.. I used them more to help adjust my horrible camber. I got them recommend, they could help out with alignment. They did their job on that, I’m leaning on going with steeda. I’ve had a few chats w them
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No noise from my Steeda toe links after a dozen track days, drag events, and just beat the shyte out of the car in an Auto-X. How did you identify it's the toe links?

OP
OP

Escobar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No noise from my Steeda toe links after a dozen track days, drag events, and just beat the shyte out of the car in an Auto-X. How did you identify it's the toe links?
Have read all through the forums, YouTube videos and pretty much all have the same knocking sound. I’m leaning into getting the steeda ones

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Derek,

If that is the choice you are going to make - don't hesitate to let us know & we'll get you into some great forum pricing.

Let me know!

TJ

Massih408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT PP
I would like to know if this is still an issue with the BMR toe links, anyone know?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I would like to know if this is still an issue with the BMR toe links, anyone know?
I do my own alignments and my S550 is race only. Have you looked at the J&M Hotpart toe links? I have not looked at others but the J&M's are very stout in construction. The look of them it would appear that they reduce movement acting almost like a lower control arm negating the slop of the rubber bushing at the front of the LCA. I'm no engineer but that's what it looks like to me.

The J&M's also have a very nice adjusting system in how you lock the adjustment. A very small change had big effects when doing alignment. Anyone who has aligned their own car knows the hassle of zeroing the thrust and then dialing in the toe. The J&M adjuster how it locks makes that really easy and precise.

Anyone adding toelinks should take the outter toe rubber bushing rubber out the LCA too. That will add noise using the ford performance toe spherical toe bushing/bearing. A tip is skip the way Ford says to install that bearing and just remove the knuckle and do it on a real press. I wasted more time trying to do it the Ford way. On a real press takes 5mins.
Sponsored