Sponsored

Race day exhaust

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Fabbed up some new exhaust with the idea from @RBS550 . The Mak deletes were originally factory connect with an awful neck down from 3” to 2.25’ for the factory butt connection. Cut off the neck downs and added stainless v-bands, and a new 3” h-pipe. The v-band connections are after the h-pipe, and staggered front to back as they would hit each other. Then fabbed up these 3” “race mufflers” with turn downs from a u-bend pipe cut in two. 2 hanger bolts above the pumpkin, and 2 v-bands I can swap the exhaust in minutes.

Muffled tailpipes with slp lm2, and vibrant resonators was 54 lbs, these are 7 lbs combined! But oh damn the bald eagles scream. It’s full retard loud. Like coast past the fuzz loud on the way to the track. Side note the big and little tire package drops 30lbs on the front, and adds 4 lbs on the rear. This weekend planning on pulling spare tire and tools, trunk mat and subwoofer, rear seats and passenger seat, both sway bars, both strut braces, and bs covers. Going for full out last pass with hopefully finally some supreme air before the blower goes on.

FE68CB74-A61F-4CEE-A81C-595DCAFD082D.jpeg

231DF125-5DEA-4951-930A-EE770732B8B1.jpeg
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
looks good!!!!!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Looks good. I did something similar which will eventually get Vbands but we're testing now. Cant believe how good the Magnaflow resonated X is even on a blower, LT, catless and mufferless car. Sounds good still, with the occasional afterfire.
dumps.png

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
looks good!!!!!
Thanks Terry!

Looks good. I did something similar which will eventually get Vbands but we're testing now. Cant believe how good the Magnaflow resonated X is even on a blower, LT, catless and mufferless car. Sounds good still, with the occasional afterfire.
dumps.png
Is that still the stock 2.5" tailpipe just with the mufflers cut off? In hindsight I prob should've gone with a longer muffler and less pipe than these. Not sure how much difference it would make as the race mufflers have a very thin packing layer.

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The slp with stock 2.5" tailpipe is quite a bit lighter than the stock exhaust, but the 47 lb savings is huge. No cutouts as that is just noise, and prob offers very little if any gains. While not a dedicated track car I can change the exhaust in 10 mins or less to go racing. I went for purely weight.

I need to run over to my buddies and scale it, but I think I will be going to the track this weekend a solid 250+ lbs lighter than stock.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks Terry!

Is that still the stock 2.5" tailpipe just with the mufflers cut off? In hindsight I prob should've gone with a longer muffler and less pipe than these. Not sure how much difference it would make as the race mufflers have a very thin packing layer.
After the resonated x its stock piping until the magnaflow mufflers I have in the back, yes

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Well... pulling the plug on this setup. So insanely loud I didn’t make it 2 blocks from my house babying it and said hell no. Need more of a real muffler I guess. Not only stupidly loud, but doesn’t even sound good. Prob sounds mean af at 7,000, but I never made it past 2,500 puttering.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Fabbed up some new exhaust with the idea from @RBS550 . The Mak deletes were originally factory connect with an awful neck down from 3” to 2.25’ for the factory butt connection. Cut off the neck downs and added stainless v-bands, and a new 3” h-pipe. The v-band connections are after the h-pipe, and staggered front to back as they would hit each other. Then fabbed up these 3” “race mufflers” with turn downs from a u-bend pipe cut in two. 2 hanger bolts above the pumpkin, and 2 v-bands I can swap the exhaust in minutes.

Muffled tailpipes with slp lm2, and vibrant resonators was 54 lbs, these are 7 lbs combined! But oh damn the bald eagles scream. It’s full retard loud. Like coast past the fuzz loud on the way to the track. Side note the big and little tire package drops 30lbs on the front, and adds 4 lbs on the rear. This weekend planning on pulling spare tire and tools, trunk mat and subwoofer, rear seats and passenger seat, both sway bars, both strut braces, and bs covers. Going for full out last pass with hopefully finally some supreme air before the blower goes on.

FE68CB74-A61F-4CEE-A81C-595DCAFD082D.jpeg

231DF125-5DEA-4951-930A-EE770732B8B1.jpeg
Looks GREAT!

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Please tell me you took a video of it. I imagine it sounds tractor bad, but I just wanted to hear it lol

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Please tell me you took a video of it. I imagine it sounds tractor bad, but I just wanted to hear it lol
I did, it says too large to upload on here...
Sponsored