Sponsored

Thinking of selling my car for a Raptor.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Without the mods a 15 GT with 45k miles is probably worth 25k?

I'd say maybe 35k...40k at the VERY most....if you take off all of your exterior moss which I'm doubtful more then 2% or 3% of Mustang guys lik

The problem is it's just a GT st the end and mods are worth.pennies on the dollar still on the car.

You need to be well below the price of a USED GT350.

Been around enough people that have built and sold SEMA cars to know...

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Listing that many mods shows one thing: you don't value your own taste and time. To invest that much in a car and then try to push it off on someone else says, "I'm bored, and it didn't add up the way I had hoped. Now I'm hoping it will ring someone's bell. But I don't think so." Neither do I. Try not to suffer too much at your loss of dollars and energy, which will be considerable.

The next part of your plan is a step in the same direction; only Raptor folks have less of a grip on reality than Mustang modders.

See if you can find an intervention group in your area.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You most likely won't get back what you have into it. Modding is good to your liking but might no be to everyone's. So if you trade it in, you won't get nearly the value and because it's so modded you might no be able to trade it in. Your best bet is to sell it out right.

Buying a Raptor is a great idea if you can afford it. They are in tremendous demand- and hold their value really well. You can pay 80-85K for one, drive it 100-150K miles and still fetch 50K for it after. In the mean time you have one heck of a truck.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Did you ever in this whole process ever stop and actually think about possible future ramifications for your actions...??? Or where you just high the whole time.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Keep it and buy a Raptor as you must have money to spend on your toys.
Yep

Wow. I wish I had your mod money.
Yep

Keep Mustang and build a Jeep that will go places the Raptor never will for a third the price. I am an F150 FX4 owner for what that's worth. Raptors aren't for towing or hauling so why have one other than bragging rights? Build a Jeep for off road shit.
Can confirm, Jeeps, new and old, can go more places than a Raptor.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Did you ever in this whole process ever stop and actually think about possible future ramifications for your actions...??? Or where you just high the whole time.
Probably like most who go this deep, the idea is they'll never sell it.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
As someone who sells highly modified cars for a living, here's my advice: keep it.

That may not be what you want to hear, but you're not going to get what you're looking to get out of it. I'm not going to even throw a number out as to what I would pay for the car and sell it for, but suffice to say I wouldn't even be looking to sell it from my shop for $60k+.

It's a beautiful car, please don't get me wrong. But the car market is all business, and I hate to see someone who put as much time and money into their car as you clearly have lose it because they want a new toy.

BTW....Raptors are extremely over-rated.

Reactions: Ebm

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Keep the Mustang as you won't even get $40K for it, Buy an F-150 and make your own Raptor for way less money, and way cooler.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard the rule of thumb is 33% of what you put into it.

Mods are a hard thing to sell. I hope you can get more.

I checked your IG to see the car, it's an impressive build that looks like something that would be cooked up for SEMA vs what someone would build themselves. Kudos for that man.

Stop modding it, leave it up for sale, save some cash, see if you get any bites. If it was me and you got an offer anywhere near $45k I would probably end up taking it.

The other option is to wait for the Ranger Raptor, it should be similar to ZR2 pricing which would be an easier pill to swallow vs a $70k truck.

Sponsored

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Keep the Mustang as you won't even get $40K for it, Buy an F-150 and make your own Raptor for way less money, and way cooler.
Since were onto the wild Ideas....what he ^ said but make sure you get a Coyote F150, then swap motors with your Mustang....build yourself a Raptor Killer...you already have the Motor for it.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Car = $25,000
Engine, blower, transmission & other mods = $10,000
Exterior mods = -$5,000 YES MINUS for 99.9% of people, Now if you can find someone who likes it, that swings from negative $5k to positive $5k.

Worth $30k IMO.

$40k if you can find that 0.1% someone with the same tastes as you in the exterior.

Sell the GT350R brake kit and uninstalled mods for hopefully close to what you paid for them since they're new.

Oh yeah, and new aluminum body Raptors are awesome! They're quite fast for such a big vehicle, but luxurious if you get it loaded. I've wanted one for years, but never wanted to pay ADM or even sticker price, when I can pick up F150's for about $10k off the sticker at the right time of the year. (right about now, as the 2019's are coming out... the 2018 F150's will start having $5k rebates/incentives + another $5k off sticker from the dealer.)

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You will get bashed like hell for trying to sell this for 60-65k. You'll be lucky to get 40k for it. Mods don't increase value to sellers nor does KBB, or Black Book care about mods. Your target audience will be minimal with mods and honestly, buyers might be put off by all of the mods thinking it was driven around like a bat out of hell.

Part it out, sell the mods, sell the car, otherwise you will be out a lot of money.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
You will get bashed like hell for trying to sell this for 60-65k. You'll be lucky to get 40k for it. Mods don't increase value to sellers nor does KBB, or Black Book care about mods. Your target audience will be minimal with mods and honestly, buyers might be put off by all of the mods thinking it was driven around like a bat out of hell.

Part it out, sell the mods, sell the car, otherwise you will be out a lot of money.
I have to agree with this.

If I was looking for a used Mustang, and saw one that was as modified as the OP's the first thing that would pop into my mind would be one of two things.

1. They ran out of money to get it finished

2. It was beat to hell and they don't want to put anymore money into fixing it.

Honestly if I was looking to spend that kind of money on a Mustang I would probably be looking at a GT350 or even a Roush for that type of money. For that kind of coin I wouldn't want someone else's project. Not trying to sound like a dick but that is how I view the situation.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If it were me, and I wanted to sell that Mustang, here's how I would try it;

Make an awesome on-line advertisement for the Mustang;
-Amazing pics.
-Install the good mechanical stuff that isn't on the car yet, especially the brakes.
-The same list of mods as here, but more detailed.
-After each line of modification, describe what it does performance-wise for the car. Features and benefits.
-Amazing pics. This can't be stressed enough, you must sell the fantasy of the car to someone, make them lust for it, make it so they can't live without it.
-Ask $80K for it. That might sound high, but don't try and list it at a cheap price, or people will think it's a cheap car. Maybe even ask more than $80K, maybe $100K.
-Keep the ad tasteful. Think Savile Row, not Honest Ed's Used Car Emporium. Use words like "bespoke", not "custom". Say "engineered", not "modded".
-Remove the friggin' wrap and as much exterior crap as you can, return it as close to a stock exterior as possible. The carbon fiber body parts are a big seller, have them bare and polished if possible.

What you're looking for is to stir emotional passion in someone that can afford to actually buy the car. Make the car come across as brutal, but refined. Amazingly well-engineered, with the world's best Mustang motor.

Then if it doesn't sell, keep it.
Sponsored