Sponsored

Buyers remorse not waiting for Bullitt?

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I attended a local Mustang show yesterday and Ford had 2 Bullitts on display, black and green.

i thought I would like it more in person based on the photos I have seen online, but in the end I wasn’t overly impressed. I liked the Highland Green, but not sure if I’d choose it over Guard green or what I choose to buy Magnetic.

I liked the shift knob, but the wheels in person look like cheap replicas you’d buy from some Chinese company. Too bad, car could’ve been a very nice model.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I personally would have a real hard time spending 15 grand more for a Bullitt manual GT over my 18 a10 pp1 with $7500 off plus great trade numbers. No clue what kind of discounts they are offering (if any)? Cool car, don’t get me wrong. Better imo find a used one low miles for substantial discount versus playing the MVA (market value adjustment) game with dealers (or only $1500 off) on new purchase. Good luck.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The only buyers remorse I have is not being able to get one right now

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I personally would love to have a Bullitt - but not for the price. A new Bullitt with Magneride and Navigation will run around $54,000, plus whatever ADM greedy dealers will be able to get away with. My 2015 GT with PP only has 6k miles, but might only be worth $25-$28k despite being mint. So, I'd have to fork over somewhere over $25k+ on top of my car for a Bullitt.

While the improved features of the 2019 would be great to have, for me, it's not worth $25k+ on top of my car for basically the color green, and extra hp that I won't be able to feel in the seat of my pants. If I didn't have a Mustang right now and was shopping for one, I'd probably opt for a Bullitt - IF I could find one at MSRP (I just won't pay mark-up for ANY car). But, having a Mustang GT PP that's probably 90-95% of a new Bullitt in driving feel, it's just not worth the extra >$25k to me.

But I'll still envy any I see driving on the street!

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
The only buyers remorse I have is not being able to get one right now
If you mean availability, they are on deal lots. The one down the road from me has one sitting on the lot as of this afternoon. just sitting there lined up with all the other mustangs like its nothing special.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Price wise they are not really more than a 401A, PP1 + security & active exhaust (which it all has). $47590 from the build and price for a Bullitt, $47835 for the PP 401A. There are some minor differences with what comes with the 500A such as BLIS not included, but they are pretty close. The biggest difference is that as far as I can tell the Bullitt is not discounted at all. The last time I checked the Xplan pricing it was $47590, while you can get $5K of a non-Bullitt GT premium without even trying.

It really comes down to style. I don't dislike the Highland green, but it doesn't really grab me either. I don't like the wheels, and I'm not a fan of the chrome trim. If you like the color, chrome and wheels, and don't mind paying MSRP, go for it.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I attended a local Mustang show yesterday and Ford had 2 Bullitts on display, black and green.

i thought I would like it more in person based on the photos I have seen online, but in the end I wasn’t overly impressed. I liked the Highland Green, but not sure if I’d choose it over Guard green or what I choose to buy Magnetic.

I liked the shift knob, but the wheels in person look like cheap replicas you’d buy from some Chinese company. Too bad, car could’ve been a very nice model.
I paid $44k for a GT PP1 car with 800hp Whipple Stage 1. I have no regrets at not getting an overpriced green GT PP. They added a throttle body and green paint for a lot of cash. The black may be collectible though. Not near as many will be sold in that color.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Well there are two Bullitts unsold here in Toronto. At 61,000 CAD, 3 grand more puts you in a brand new Vette. I’d buy the Vette.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’m all for the S550 Bullitt, love the original 68, the movie and anything Steve McQueen - but in all honesty, there’s many other Mustangs that offer more features, function and performance for the Dealer Bullitt markup.

Sure, it’s a special edition, sure it’s made in limited numbers with the limited Highland Green color and Bullitt specific badging, but when comparing dollar for dollar, just saying for “Bullitt money”, folks can get more bang for the buck for a non-Bullitt Mustang.

Not bashing it, it’s strong following or those who bought one for whatever cost, just bringing it down to reality.

Sponsored

GoFas7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
'18 Kona Blue, GT Premium, PP1, 6MT
Bullitt is sweet, but I doubt I would have gotten the same incentives. Got a 2018 GT Premium, PP1, Active Exhaust, Nav for $38k. ($7k off $45k MSRP). I doubt Bullitts are leaving for $38k. I wouldn't pay over $40k for one. Maybe the leftovers that sit for 5-6 months.

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Well there are two Bullitts unsold here in Toronto. At 61,000 CAD, 3 grand more puts you in a brand new Vette. I’d buy the Vette.
Considering I paid $46k tax in CDN for my Premium GT last fall, there is no way I’d pay $70k for the what the Bullitt offers over mine

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
they definitle fkd up on the wheels and Rims. Brembos should of been a light steel grey or Black ,not Red, and the wheels look like sht. 1000 better choices.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
The Bullitt isn't even worth it for MSRP. The green is nice but that's not worth the extra cost, nor is 20hp. And I agree about the wheels. They're FAR from anything special. You can spend $1200 on aftermarket and get wheels that look 10x better and will probably be lighter.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Not sure the fascination with the bullitt. Below average looking car
Sponsored