Buyers remorse not waiting for Bullitt?

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Don't understand all the whingeing here.
If you don't like the price , don't buy the car.!
If the dealer gets stuck with unsold inventory, tough luck for him, who cares?
I thought the concept of supply and demand was a fundamental of capitalism which the US is supposed to be the historic champion of?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The Bullitt kinda brings back memories of some regret on turning down a 20% deal on a brand new 2017 SS Sedan in RPG... Similar color combo to the Bullitt (dark green metallic / red brembos / chrome bits :p ), and I decided to wait since I heard the news of the Bullitt coming, but was too late when it was official with no auto transmission option and no more brand new ss left forever....

81da60c5-2016-chevy-ss-review2b-2b6.jpg

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you mean availability, they are on deal lots. The one down the road from me has one sitting on the lot as of this afternoon. just sitting there lined up with all the other mustangs like its nothing special.
Nope no money

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's overpriced for what is offered because you're paying more for the name than anything. I do like the Highland Green color though.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
A Bullitt is a PP1 w/magneride & with a GT350 throttle body and 20hp more...

Nobody cares if people got a deal on a GT... this is the Bullitt, a special form of PP1 in between the GT PP2. If you are a bargain hunter, I doubt the bullit or PP2 is your thing.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I don't have anything against the Bullitt. I think it's a cool car and a neat idea.

However, my desire to own one is absolutely ZERO. But that's a good thing as it's one more car that can be sold to someone who really wants it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I personally would love to have a Bullitt - but not for the price. A new Bullitt with Magneride and Navigation will run around $54,000, plus whatever ADM greedy dealers will be able to get away with. My 2015 GT with PP only has 6k miles, but might only be worth $25-$28k despite being mint. So, I'd have to fork over somewhere over $25k+ on top of my car for a Bullitt.

While the improved features of the 2019 would be great to have, for me, it's not worth $25k+ on top of my car for basically the color green, and extra hp that I won't be able to feel in the seat of my pants. If I didn't have a Mustang right now and was shopping for one, I'd probably opt for a Bullitt - IF I could find one at MSRP (I just won't pay mark-up for ANY car). But, having a Mustang GT PP that's probably 90-95% of a new Bullitt in driving feel, it's just not worth the extra >$25k to me.

But I'll still envy any I see driving on the street!
Exactly my situation.

Having had an example of the first two iterations, I'd love to have the third. But it doesn't make any sense whatsoever with my '15 under 7K miles, especially since I've got it modded exactly how I want it.

But I have to admit I'd like one, and the only things I'd change are bumping the decklid panel to the badgeless one and changing the black on the wheels to a dark metallic gray as they should be.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
A Bullitt is a PP1 w/magneride & with a GT350 throttle body and 20hp more...

Nobody cares if people got a deal on a GT... this is the Bullitt, a special form of PP1 in between the GT PP2. If you are a bargain hunter, I doubt the bullit or PP2 is your thing.
I think $38,949.95 out the door is a pretty good bargain for an '18 301A PP2 w/ Recaros and active exhaust.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It's overpriced for what is offered because you're paying more for the name than anything. I do like the Highland Green color though.
I don't understand this argument. The Bullitt package (500A) comes with active exhaust, enhanced security, premium interior, digital dash, and all the other PP1 stuff. If you price out a GT Premium with 401A package, PP1, active exhaust, enhanced security the Bullitt package actually comes in a couple hundred bucks CHEAPER.

Yes, it's not discounted (for now) and there are dealers chargind ADM (for now) but Ford isn't really putting a price premium on it.

Last edited:

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
No fan of the wheels at all. And a dark green car is nothing I would ever want. Never gave it a 2nd thought. I wanted the PP1 package and a stick in grey and that's what I got.

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Didn't intend for this to turn into any kind of negative bashing.

I was just expressing that I don't regret getting my '17 GT premium instead of waiting for the Bullitt and it costing my around $21k more than I paid :)

Loving my Magnetic with Blk Accent package

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I don't see any bashing going on here. Just people giving their honest opinions.
Sponsored