Sponsored

SmokingTire Bullitt Review

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Ooph... this was a bit rough. Praised the engine and sound, and the suspension being comfortable but threw a LOT of shade at Bullitt and Steve McQueen. Feel it was pretty uncalled for.

Sponsored

Bigred460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '79 F250
Ooph... this was a bit rough. Praised the engine and sound, and the suspension being comfortable but threw a LOT of shade at Bullitt and Steve McQueen. Feel it was pretty uncalled for.

Not "culturally relevant anymore"
Agree, totally uncalled for.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
wait... he keeps mentioning PP2. My understanding is the Bullit is based off of the PP1.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
wait... he keeps mentioning PP2. My understanding is the Bullit is based off of the PP1.
He had all kinds of stupid comments in this video. Wasn't even sure what the model year was. Clearly he went into it with a bad attitude already like as if someone was forcing him to go on the press drive.

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This is a tough one for me! I grew up on that road - its where we went to race in high school. and terrorize most Friday nights. Its Nicasio you ignorant slut! Mr. Lucas probably won't invite you for the Christmas Party.
And, my Dad was in the movie, watch your step here . . . .

OK, don't get it, fine. Say it twenty seven more times! You were probably in diapers at that time . . . .?

Meanwhile, I am about a week away from my PP2 - and I fully expect it to be "way awesome" - love hearing the car and seeing the rev match at work.

ttfn (ta ta for now)

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I must say I was quite disappointed in the remarks he made towards Steve McQueen and would go as far as to say he totally disrespected the man. As they say "Opinions are like as assholes" everyone has one". Lighten up, Frances!

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
If what he says it true, that the Bullitt has the MT-82 Transmission, that alone would keep me from buying this car. My Boss has the same transmission and 40 less HP, and I hate the transmission. Bummer.....

OP
OP

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Part of a culture where the past and white males achievements are irrelevant.

Heritage isn’t hip with the I generation
lmao alright that's a bit of a stretch.

Just a dude with poor taste in classical movies.

I agree with him that I would never want to drive the original Bullitt as they drive terribly, but others do like them. It's called an opinion.

His review was bad for other objective reasons, not because he didn't like Bullitt.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I thought it was fantastic.

I loved the scenery, that winding road, the decision to shoot through the screen.....and most of all, that glorious exhaust note!!

Watched it last night. Remember the video, but not a single word he said.

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
^^^^^^Go to the 23 second mark of the video and listen to his confession. He can't check a dipstick without f#cking it up. Thumbs down, Tiger.

ROFL.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Ignore it....and other such reviews.

Several years ago an episode of Blue Bloods, a cop TV show had a specific episode on the “stolen real Bullitt”

There was a conversation that explains EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. I’ll have to paraphrase part but the last quote is exact.

Detective Danny: it is iconic, the greatest car chase ever filmed, the greatest cop car.....it is “the” car...

Danny’s Partner: That is a lot to hang on a old 68 Ford.

Detective Danny: Frozen look of exasperation then he simply says- either you get it or you don’t.

You should never have to explain a Bullitt. Either they get it, or they don’t.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
The dude in the vid came across to me as ill informed doofus, lazy, not much prep or research on the history of the car and for certain is out of his depth on what constitutes a good movie. The chase scenes in Bullitt are a stone cold classic and the film as a whole is pretty damn good. Fortunately for him the driving segment of the video was flat out cool, the perspective made feel like I was behind the wheel. The exhaust notes are sublime and as a plus drowns out narrator. Damn, after watching that I want a Bullitt........

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I thought it was fantastic.

I loved the scenery, that winding road, the decision to shoot through the screen.....and most of all, that glorious exhaust note!!

Watched it last night. Remember the video, but not a single word he said.

I hope Jimmy G that Ford don't shortchange us with the exhaust here in Australia. It does sound great in the video reviews!
Sponsored