Sponsored

If I don't get Active Exhaust will I regret it?

MWebb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning blue Mustang GT
Am I going to regret not getting Active Exhaust on a 2018 Mustang GT? My last Mustang was an 11 and I put Roush mufflers on it. Wasn't loud until I gave it a lot of pedal. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I don't get active exhaust, does the car still sound good? And how much are aftermarket mufflers for the 18? Trying to determine if I skip the active exhaust and just slap some mufflers on it later on down the road if I'm not happy with the sound.
Sponsored

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Yes! Get that and put an x/h pipe on it and call it good. I love mine! I was in the same boat you were but exhaust systems for these cars cost so much money and this is cool because you can open and close it as you please.:cheers:

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Depends. If you are a traditional Mustang buyer you probably wont miss it. If you are coming over from more refined brands, it's awesome how you can go from quiet restraint to track roar with a couple steps in between at will. Active exhaust helped win over this German convert.

Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Car is worthless without it. j/k:) I love mine but to each his own. I truly enjoy being able to quiet mine and actually prefer quiet mode. But again, this is subjective. Everyone is different. If you find yourself in different volume moods regularly, I think you should go for it but if your happy with one level all the time, then just skip it.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Aftermarket cat-back can easily run more than the $895 active exhaust option. Go to a dealer that has one and try it. I kind of thought it was going to be a gimmick, but it is quite noticeable. If you have a job where you go to work before a lot of your family wakes up, the quiet start makes a big difference. Sound is subjective, so it's up to you what you want to hear.

Remander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
If you can spare the coin, get it. Love mine. Track setting is loud and fun, but the sport setting has a great sound. I prefer it. Quiet mode with the quiet start timer is great to keep from waking the house up. I don't think you can get any aftermarket active exhaust for anywhere near this price.

Stormtroopin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Mach 1 on order; ā€˜18 Mustang GT (sold)
I was full aboard the hype train until the car I searched for had it. After using it for a month or so now I can say I am glad the car came with it. Only plans now are a resonator delete, maybe a cat delete later down the road but the rest is gravy. Track mode sounds really good when you mash the skinny pedal.

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
The active exhaust is nice, but sometimes I wish it was truly quiet. When you put your foot in it in quiet mode it still opens the valves in the mufflers,making it louder.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Only had my car 2 days, but I'm glad I ordered mine with that option. Quiet when needed, loud when you want it!

Remander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
The active exhaust is nice, but sometimes I wish it was truly quiet. When you put your foot in it in quiet mode it still opens the valves in the mufflers,making it louder.

Don't want to choke the engine, do you?

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Just like Remander said, if you can afford it, go for it. Especially if you need it to be quiet for any reason. Personally it wouldnā€™t matter to me because mine isnā€™t a daily driver, itā€™s a weekend warrior and I like it loud and so do most of my neighbors.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride

This is so performance isnā€™t lessened due to the mode you choose and is fairly ingenious.
Sponsored