First 3000 miles - observations /questions

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
I’ve driven over 3k miles since I got the car on thMay 18th, looking for excuses to drive the it - any errands i’m down, wife liking that part.
Observations:
- Holy sh!t this thing is fun! Have to stay out of sport mode but can’t resist. Found out quick gas mileage not so great in this mode but I don’t care, new default for me.
- actually better daily driver than I thought it would be. Expected harsher ride, Did not get magnaride so don’t know what I’m missing there.
- people love these cars! Never driven anything that people seem to recognize and react to as much.
- is it just me or does everyone with a Japanese car want to street race?

Questions:
- so as careful as I have been I’ve somehow managed to screw up the underside shield behind the splitter with a parking lot stop. Lucky no damage to splitter. So much so the left front splash guard rivets have popped out and It is loose. Curious if any of you have done this and what was the fix.
- this ‘premium’ 9 speaker stereo blows! Have seen the massive thread on replacing, want to at least add powered sub if not replace all speakers- wondering what you guys have done to address.
- visible rust on the wheel hub already? WTF? That is the grey part between the wheel and rotor. Have oy used McGuires wheel cleaner.
- at what psi do you run your ps4 michies? Had a screw removed from the back right yesterday, was running hot at close to 40, backed down after repair to 37.
- live in STL and this is my daily driver. That being said are all seasons enough to get around in light to moderate winters? If so what tire would you recommend?

I’m sure I will come up with more and in the meantime appreciate any feedback insight you can share.
Rick
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
- at what psi do you run your ps4 michies? Had a screw removed from the back right yesterday, was running hot at close to 40, backed down after repair to 37.

What does the door tag say?

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
I’ve driven over 3k miles since I got the car on thMay 18th, looking for excuses to drive the it - any errands i’m down, wife liking that part.
Observations:
- Holy sh!t this thing is fun! Have to stay out of sport mode but can’t resist. Found out quick gas mileage not so great in this mode but I don’t care, new default for me.
- actually better daily driver than I thought it would be. Expected harsher ride, Did not get magnaride so don’t know what I’m missing there.
- people love these cars! Never driven anything that people seem to recognize and react to as much.
- is it just me or does everyone with a Japanese car want to street race?

Questions:
- so as careful as I have been I’ve somehow managed to screw up the underside shield behind the splitter with a parking lot stop. Lucky no damage to splitter. So much so the left front splash guard rivets have popped out and It is loose. Curious if any of you have done this and what was the fix.
- this ‘premium’ 9 speaker stereo blows! Have seen the massive thread on replacing, want to at least add powered sub if not replace all speakers- wondering what you guys have done to address.
- visible rust on the wheel hub already? WTF? That is the grey part between the wheel and rotor. Have oy used McGuires wheel cleaner.
- live in STL and this is my daily driver. That being said are all seasons enough to get around in light to moderate winters? If so what tire would you recommend?

I’m sure I will come up with more and in the meantime appreciate any feedback insight you can share.
Rick
CHECK INSIDE DOOR LABEL-32PSI

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take a shot at a couple of them:

When you say wheels hubs I assume you mean the rotor hats are rusty? It bothers me as well they rust so easily. It's not just a Ford problem, the same problem occurred on my Lexus IS350 F-Sport and judging by the forums most others cars as well. You have a couple of options. 1 is to clean and sand them down and paint them with caliper or other high temperature paint like POR-15. Another option is to use it as an excuse to buy nice aftermarket rotors :)

I'm in StL as well and always switch to true winter tires. No, All-Seasons (AKA No Seasons) are not good enough with a RWD car that has wide wheels. Buy a second set of wheels/TPMS/lugs and just switch them around in late-November and mid-March. Since I like custom wheels, I usually re-skin my factory wheels with winter tires and find the wheels I want. Another option is to find some cheaper used wheels for your winter set-up.

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
40 psi means the dealer did not release the extra high pressure that they come with from the factory.

I run 29psi cold pressure, warms to 31. This is because the center tread will wear out faster with 32psi cold.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Mine are still high from the dealer too. I keep meaning to bleed them down.

The dealer did a nitro fill according to what I see on the MyCarFax app.

I'm at 2800 miles.

Only time I get anyone wanting to race is usually an older model and modded mustang/cobra or a Camaro of some sort. I was driving around with a date the other night and it happened a couple times. She couldn't understand why cars were pulling up next to us and blasting their exhausts. I just told her they know what I've got. :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
40 psi means the dealer did not release the extra high pressure that they come with from the factory.

I run 29psi cold pressure, warms to 31. This is because the center tread will wear out faster with 32psi cold.
Why do you say that?

I've run 20k+ miles on MPSS and MP4S tires (granted on 10" wide wheels) at 32psi and no issues at all with the tires wearing in the center. If anything I'd probably recommend 33psi cold.

I agree 40psi hot probably means the dealership just left them at the shipping pressure. They shouldn't be much over 34 or 35 HOT for daily driving stuff. If you do hardcore aggressive backroads driving or track or whatever just keep them under about 37 hot and you'll be fine.
Sponsored