Sponsored

Good news at 3000 miles

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I bought my car with 2000 miles, hit 3000 miles recently and no problems. Buying used with such low miles makes you wonder if they got rid of it for a reason.
Reading on this forum made me a bit anxious so I thought I'd post some good news. I hope I haven't just jinxed myself. LOL! The only issue I've encountered is we have a lot of steep entrances and exits in my hilly town and a really steep entrance to our housing area. Just have to take it at an angle to not scrape the front air dam. They don't seem to be too expensive to replace if necessary. So far I have only scraped lightly once. Does anyone know if the PP1 is lower than the standard GT suspension? I wanted the Magneride and the only way it came was with the PP1 option. The car handles good and rides really good. Have a good day!
Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Buying used with such low miles makes you wonder if they got rid of it for a reason.
I did the same, so I feel ya. I hear every tick, rattle, or squeak (and I might be imagining some of it).

The car is fine. I just need to relax.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the same, so I feel ya. I hear every tick, rattle, or squeak (and I might be imagining some of it).

The car is fine. I just need to relax.
Me too.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Ooh 2000 miles isn't that about the right mileage for the GT rental that set a new coast to coast speed record recently? :) I'm sure its all good and besides those of us that bought new listen for every tick and rattle too so we are no better off.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
You get those really low mileage cars for several reasons.

Car has to much spice/too much power for 'pronoun'.

Lost job, can't make the payment now.

Divorce forces need for truck, not hot rod.

I am sure there are more unfortunate souls out there, so enjoy your new to you car.

One mans misfortune is another mans wife, car, kids, business, etc.

Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
Congrats! Enjoy it and stop worrying, you still have bumper to bumper warranty left. Nice that you found what you wanted with magneride. Post a pic, we love seeing people's rides.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Things were better, and ran better in the old days before the internet would stress a guy out and put scary thoughts in his brain. 😄

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
I managed to get my 2019 base Gt with 315 miles on it for a pretty good discount. No problems with mine. Glad yours is good too

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the PP1 is lower than the standard GT suspension? I wanted the Magneride and the only way it came was with the PP1 option. The car handles good and rides really good. Have a good day!
I don't know about PP1 being lower than standard (all UK GT's are PP1's), but a UK Magneride car is a little lower than a UK GT / PP1.

Ford have never confirmed this, but others had noticed and my very unscientific investigation with photos can be found here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magneride-vs-pp1-ride.135168/#post-2805750

WD :like:

Deleted member 35644

I traded my '17 V6 for my '18 Ecoboost. It had about 3,600 miles on it, and had been extremely well-cared-for in that short time. Sometimes, it really is about the previous owner just wanting something different. He probably traded it for a GT350....or decided he wanted something with a smoother ride. :) Sit back and relax....I'm sure it's fine.

Sponsored

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
I had the same reservations when I got my one owner 2016 GT. Only had 4,8xx miles and was repo'd nontheless. Assuming he went with a standard 5yr./60mo loan, he would've only had one year left on the loan. I went over the car as much as I could and drove it as hard as I could (stock Pirellis and only high 40s in January so I couldn't push that much) during the test drive and there wasn't anything that popped up that gave me pause.

The dealer said the original owner may have fallen on hard times and owners will let their cars get repo'd for the payout. If he owed say $7k and the bank sells the car after repossession for $30k, original owner would receive about $20-22k after auction fees. Likely that's what happened here because the car was in pristine condition.

I've had the chance to lay into her now that the weather has warmed up, and since the MGW install, and she's a riot; no issues in the 500 miles I've thrown at her. That said, I'm at peace the MT-82 will likely grenade itself at a moment's notice.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
One mans misfortune is another mans wife, car, kids, business, etc.
My prior owner got it repo'd, was on probation, etc. - didn't/couldn't make payments. We all make mistakes; hopefully folks learn from the pain. That's why it's there.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things were better, and ran better in the old days before the internet would stress a guy out and put scary thoughts in his brain. 😄
Yea, I was ok until I joined this forum. 😆:wink:😆

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wife puts most the miles on this car so today when she came back from getting groceries I figured it was all warmed up so I took it out with the shifter in Sport mode. I did some paddle shifting, went through the gears, etc. Fun ride for sure. She might wonder what happened to her 21 mpg though! :crazy: Neither one of us actually cares about mileage but I"m amazed at how good it gets. Oh and it takes off like a rocket. :like:
Sponsored