The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
would hardly call that excessive wear if you do more lefts than rights it can cause that level of additional wear so its fine. i'd have someone with a clue actually strip it down properly and check all the bushes etc not just the suspension/alignment.
Prodrive is just down the road https://www.prodrive.com
My issue with "paying" someone to do it, is it could take 1day, it could take 10, it could be a case of trying loads of things and hoping they fix it, it could be a case of trying one thing.

The risk that this ends up being a huge chunk of money reallllyyyy worries me.
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well that's why i'm maybe swyaing towards alignement incase it's something rubbing and the uneven surfaces are pushing up the tyre in a weird way.
I'm only thinking it as all 4 tyres were new and that side is about .2mm down on the other side.
I'm with Hinch. The chances of it being alignment-related are miniscule.

What the hell are you using to gauge a 0.2mm difference?! Your penis? :D

Vertical links are a worthwhile upgrade regardless. I noticed the difference immediately once I fitted mine. Firms up the rear nicely but not in a harsh or unwelcome way.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with Hinch. The chances of it being alignment-related are miniscule.

What the hell are you using to gauge a 0.2mm difference?! Your penis? :D

Vertical links are a worthwhile upgrade regardless. I noticed the difference immediately once I fitted mine. Firms up the rear nicely but not in a harsh or unwelcome way.
No you spunk trench, i used your boyfriends.

Ford did it with a tread meter when it went in last week

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
well how much will a tank of fuel in a 50% mustang be quick blitz up the m1 and i can get it on ramps and take a look

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
well how much will a tank of fuel in a 50% mustang be quick blitz up the m1 and i can get it on ramps and take a look
I'm up in sheffield today, where abouts are you bud?

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things.
1. They checked the tension on the lock rings right? I mean, that’s THE most frequent cause of clunks on BC/Pedders/Airlift stuff, period.
2. Even though you’ve proven the links, you can spin them around if you’d rather not have to worry about them rubbing. Airlift actually tell you to do this when using airbags. Eg. Mount them outboard rather than inboard.
3. Please hurry up and find it.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things.
1. They checked the tension on the lock rings right? I mean, that’s THE most frequent cause of clunks on BC/Pedders/Airlift stuff, period.
2. Even though you’ve proven the links, you can spin them around if you’d rather not have to worry about them rubbing. Airlift actually tell you to do this when using airbags. Eg. Mount them outboard rather than inboard.
1. Yes. But i'll get it up tonight and smash them with a mallet again to make sure they're still tight (both rings)
2. You mean mount them ouwards, I mean, I could look into doing it, not sure it'll fix it though?
3. You're telling me!!!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things.
1. Yes. But i'll get it up tonight and smash them with a mallet again to make sure they're still tight (both rings)
2. You mean mount them ouwards, I mean, I could look into doing it, not sure it'll fix it though? as it still clunked when removed
3. You're telling me!!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Did you try process of elimination yet?

As you seem to be struggling to find this I would:
1. Refit stock rear dampers.
2. Remove front anti roll bar and drop links
3. Remove rear anti roll bar and drop links.

If it still clunks, you'd ruled out a lot by doing the above and as it seems 100% in the rear and if it still does it after removal of those, then remove all the other modifications in the rear and go back to stock, if its still doing it then either a stock bush is failed or there is an issue with the differential.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates Manders, have you found it yet? :shrug:
Like heck have I. I've got this weekend free i'll have a mooch at it then. Going to actually check the tightness of everything up front as well to see if that's part of the issue. :shrug:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
as silly as it sounds could it be a tyre buldge? I've had this before and there was a small buldge in the tyre on the inside so you couldn't tell unless you took the wheel off...

this caused a random thud when i caught it on uneven road...

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
as silly as it sounds could it be a tyre buldge? I've had this before and there was a small buldge in the tyre on the inside so you couldn't tell unless you took the wheel off...

this caused a random thud when i caught it on uneven road...
I hope not.... I'll have a look haven't seen one and it lies flat on the floor when I've took it off - but it's worth me looking into. Its an odd clunk it kinda happens right after the impact of the uneven road. Imagine like thunder and lightning, except this is you feel the bump then hear it. Whereas if it was a bulge it'd be when the bulge made impact. I'll check Thursday night and/or Friday (off work), or over the weekend when I go over every bolt under the car.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I hope not.... I'll have a look haven't seen one and it lies flat on the floor when I've took it off - but it's worth me looking into. Its an odd clunk it kinda happens right after the impact of the uneven road. Imagine like thunder and lightning, except this is you feel the bump then hear it. Whereas if it was a bulge it'd be when the bulge made impact. I'll check Thursday night and/or Friday (off work), or over the weekend when I go over every bolt under the car.
Yeah only found out when I went in to get my fronts replaced on my. Giulietta at the time and they checked the rears and found a very tiny budge which wasn't noticeable really
Sponsored