The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
i'll refer you back to post #26 in this thread :)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2233632&postcount=26

set of these https://nemesisuk.com/collections/m...trol-arms-spherical-bmr-suspension-bmr-tca045 and then either steeda or bmr sway bar end links and you'll be fine
the pedders should have come with front links anyway
Yeah it's got front links upgraded with the pedders. Rear links is the test tonight when she's back home. Then steeda will have me knocking on their door as BMR seem to be on nemesis but only the set of 4; and I only want the rear 2!
[MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION]

I don't think I need to vertical links, I'm being a cheapazz :lol:.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
dont need them but you'll want them :)
The real question is "what makes them worth ÂŁ250 to me"? :lol:

The sway bar links get rid of the annoying AF noise; so that's worth the ÂŁ100-150 or whatever the jesus they are.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just ties the arms together better with less flex and deflection stiffens things up and gives you more feel through less lost in play.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
just ties the arms together better with less flex and deflection stiffens things up and gives you more feel through less lost in play.
I think at the moment I get "too much" feel through my suspension bearing in mind it goes KADUNK every time it's on a wobbly surface :lol::lol:!

To be honest, if sway links fix it, that'll be it, right now I've said only mods will be to fix things unless I suddenly get a killer deal on a turbski/built block

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION]

Following from thinking it maybe the sway bar bracket hitting the exhaust, the clunks still occurred.

Gibbo had advised me that it maybe the sway bar end links. I've just unbolted the lower link and cable tied it to the sway bar. Noticing that the upper link has move into the spring and caused dents on the spring

Believing this was probably cause of my clunks, i put my wheel back on and set off down the road to test (I ran my lane 6 times)

However after the drive it was apparent the clunks were still there.

4 dents on the second top coil, 3 close together one a smidge further away. Not sure what could have caused this other than the end link smashing into the spring?

33487484_10160889768530455_7506632059129954304_n.jpg

33657215_10160889768705455_8520280689294180352_o.jpg

And how i drove with the end link (lower bolt) disconnected.
33611667_10160889768805455_5694470483752255488_n.jpg

33747815_10160889768965455_808115487064981504_n.jpg

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
[/MENTION]

I don't think I need to vertical links, I'm being a cheapazz :lol:.
Wouldn't surprise me if it that's the cause. The stock items are made of cheese so the fact you're running coilovers is only going to exacerbate any issues yours may be having...

Check out the difference: https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1502

That pic doesn't even do them justice. You can almost bend the stock ones by hand they're that weedy.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
i feel for you. I've had a clunk since December rear passenger side. everything in trunk tightened down: stock exhaust/aftermarket exhaust; no spacers/20mm spacers, stock upper shock mount/steeda billet mount, no noticeable marks from anything rubbing together. gonna try looking again next week but its my daily so I can't really take it apart too much. driving me nuts.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't surprise me if it that's the cause. The stock items are made of cheese so the fact you're running coilovers is only going to exacerbate any issues yours may be having...

Check out the difference: https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1502

That pic doesn't even do them justice. You can almost bend the stock ones by hand they're that weedy.
Regardless, doesn't help, im not throwing money at an issue until I know the solution. I did that with top mounts and that did fuck all, i'm not going to go and buy new everything until i'm certain that the cause is X and therefore the solution is Y.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION]

Following from thinking it maybe the sway bar bracket hitting the exhaust, the clunks still occurred.

Gibbo had advised me that it maybe the sway bar end links. I've just unbolted the lower link and cable tied it to the sway bar. Noticing that the upper link has move into the spring and caused dents on the spring

Believing this was probably cause of my clunks, i put my wheel back on and set off down the road to test (I ran my lane 6 times)

However after the drive it was apparent the clunks were still there.

4 dents on the second top coil, 3 close together one a smidge further away. Not sure what could have caused this other than the end link smashing into the spring?
its possible under deflection the top of the link has touched the spring but there's only 4-5 marks so its hardly being a common occurrence isn't it it could even be those marks are results of stones not saying its not the cause just unlikely.

without having a good poke around under there i'm kinda out of idea's have you got a couple of go pro's get them strapped under and look for something.

It could on an outside chance be an LCA bearing binding with it being lowered but i've never heard of them making a loud enough noise to notice.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
i feel for you. I've had a clunk since December rear passenger side. everything in trunk tightened down: stock exhaust/aftermarket exhaust; no spacers/20mm spacers, stock upper shock mount/steeda billet mount, no noticeable marks from anything rubbing together. gonna try looking again next week but its my daily so I can't really take it apart too much. driving me nuts.
Yeah opposite side to my rear then, it's very peculiar.

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] i maybe swaying in the air of "alignment" right now, so i might get the alignment checked up on monday, anyone got the alignment specs of a S550 with lowered suspension?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just look up gibbo's old settings as they were good for fast road and tell them to align it to that, failing that most quick fits with the hunter machines have the profiles loaded for gt/gt350 and gt350r for fast road/track/drag etc

never known alignment cause clunk though just bad handling.

you sure its not suspension hitting wheel ?

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
just look up gibbo's old settings as they were good for fast road and tell them to align it to that, failing that most quick fits with the hunter machines have the profiles loaded for gt/gt350 and gt350r for fast road/track/drag etc

never known alignment cause clunk though just bad handling.

you sure its not suspension hitting wheel ?
Well that's why i'm maybe swyaing towards alignement incase it's something rubbing and the uneven surfaces are pushing up the tyre in a weird way.
I'm only thinking it as all 4 tyres were new and that side is about .2mm down on the other side.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Well that's why i'm maybe swyaing towards alignement incase it's something rubbing and the uneven surfaces are pushing up the tyre in a weird way.
I'm only thinking it as all 4 tyres were new and that side is about .2mm down on the other side.
would hardly call that excessive wear if you do more lefts than rights it can cause that level of additional wear so its fine. i'd have someone with a clue actually strip it down properly and check all the bushes etc not just the suspension/alignment.
Prodrive is just down the road https://www.prodrive.com
Sponsored