Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not “production-ready parts”. Usually on pre-production cars you won’t see the correct part pedigree just yet.
Doesn’t matter whether it’s preproduction or not. I can guarantee you that Ford has heard about the conjecture around the center bumper section painted black on non-black cars.

This close to the release of the car, the colors will be close to production. I had a PP 2013 Boss 302 and the GHIG on my car was a deeper hue than the production GHIG. We noted that while at a regional MCA event when it was parked beside regular production #333 GHIG.

The center section of this one is painted continuously with the whole of the car for a reason. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
i saw this on FB as well, he wouldn't give me the video

Sponsored

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know what would happen to the Mustang if the Camaro dies.... I really hope a long life to the Camaro so Ford can continue improving and trying to beat it's long-time enemy.
Well GM made a serious blunder with the Camaro, the SS and the ATS. IMO (not that it really matters). With Camaro and the ATS they gave up too much livability for performance, each is just too small. With the SS, not sure, IMO they made the exact same mistake with the SS they made with the GTO - it was indistinguishable. Many of today's buyers care about image first all the rest second (see the Mercedes CLA if you don't believe me). The CLA is a stripped down, narrow, tiny vehicle, however it's a Mercedes and they are selling them as fast as they can make them and if you go in on the right day you can pick up a CLA for $24k.

On the other hand, the Mustang is in the price range of M4 and S4 now (close enough). IMO Ford ought to change their strategy a bit, instead of special versions, create a production high end car that competes with the M6. Outside the US the Mustang can do it, here in the US it'll take a while because luxury means a German car as Cadillac has shown us.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Two things I see in that photo that get my attention.

1 - I see the outline of what looks to be a removable plug on the bumper. I'm hoping Ford follows GM's lead here and we finally get a hook that can be threaded in and quickly removed. Certain export Mustangs come with a plug and a threaded bung welded into the bumper at this very location.

2 - The corner of the splitter is retracted much in the way the regular GT350 is. Gives me hope that there will indeed be a more aggressive version of the GT500 available with more effective aero, ala the GT350R.

image%282%29_LI-XL.jpg
I read that as "retractable". For a second, I was like, cool, I can retract the splitter to not drag on speed bumps. But, then I realized it would not help either way.
:cheers:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Doesn’t matter whether it’s preproduction or not. I can guarantee you that Ford has heard about the conjecture around the center bumper section painted black on non-black cars.

This close to the release of the car, the colors will be close to production. I had a PP 2013 Boss 302 and the GHIG on my car was a deeper hue than the production GHIG. We noted that while at a regional MCA event when it was parked beside regular production #333 GHIG.

The center section of this one is painted continuously with the whole of the car for a reason. :thumbsup:
Im my experience launching it does matter since that’s what usually happens, parts not in its latest level at this moment. If I recall correctly someone here said that PP event will be around September-October, so by that time we will be having “close to production” level of parts.

Also, by the type of camouflage (all sprayed out, including headlights) this is an early pre-production unit (maybe one of the first prototypes) so, I see the theory of Ford “hearing about the conjecture” very unlikely because of this (among other things). Also, if they happen to make this type of changes this wouldn’t be something you’ll see very quick on the car, since it takes time.

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Jonny Lieberman from Motortrend got the latest on the GT500. The magazine issue seem to be for July 2018. This video was posted on his Instagram story yesterday.

[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you ever think the GT500 would NOT have back seats?

Last edited:

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
well if they have a "hardcore" version a rear seat delete is not that far fetched considering they did it for the boss leguna seca edition.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
well if they have a "hardcore" version a rear seat delete is not that far fetched considering they did it for the boss leguna seca edition.
and the GT350R..
Sponsored