Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Drive-By Video and More Pics

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Whats with all this 2020 GT500 designation when we are to get a 2019 GT500 in late Fall ?
Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
5.2 CPC

Why isn't there a place for it..?

Ford already races it & it is the base for the GT500, so putting a blower on it, would have a good halo path.

Heck, a NA version of the GT500's engine, should be cheaper to make than the GT350's engine. And I do believe many would choose to have the CPC 5.2, over the FPC.
They already have the Aluminator 5.2XS with CPC and Cobra Jet Intake Manifold.

With the Higher Hood of the 500, they would have plenty of room for this engine and it would fall between the 350 FPC and the 500 Predator CPC, and, it’s already set up for the Automatic. Would seem like a perfect fit!

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Whats with all this 2020 GT500 designation when we are to get a 2019 GT500 in late Fall ?
We are not going to get the GT500 in 2018, it’s going to be in 2019 calendar year.

During this year Ford will build only prototypes according to earlier information on this forum.

They already have the Aluminator 5.2XS with CPC and Cobra Jet Intake Manifold. .
Not emissions compliant (and most likely durability tests for a road legal car either) so forget it. Just look at this comment:

No NA version of the 5.2 outside of the GT4 car. There's no place for it. Also there's no reason to do any development of an NA 5.2 for road applications before supercharging. The SC'd engine will have different internals and revised head for a lower CR suited for production forced-induction.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
May C&D "25 Cars Worth Waiting For" - GT500 conspicuously absent? Number 1 was the ME Vette - looks nice, and is said to be available with a 9000rpm 5.5L DOHC FPC V8, which will eventually be available turbocharged!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I dont give a shit with barret Jackson or your snobby comment...i don't buy cars as investments and not planning on selling...my car performs just fine...so you can take your comment n shove it up your 8 sec mustang gt tailpipe.
I would not call what Blue said as snobby but truthful really. You can literally make any car fast. There is a 92 Civic that run at Palm Beach that does 1/4 in 8 secs.

The discussion though is what the Gt500 will be when it comes out. If your happy with your 15 Procharge, then you would never be in the market for this car in the first place. To say though your car will whip this one...well that remains to be seen. A modded car vs stock is always a crazy convo to be have, but a Procharger on a 15 does not make a world beater. In truth, unless you have done some significant upgrades, it doubtful a 15 Procharge Mustang will take the new GT500 in straight line at all. But I could be wrong.

In the end it will be interesting to see what the GT500 is capable of, and what the cost will be. I am excited to see what comes next. Then of course the discussion of how fast it is or should be can be had. But as demon owners are finding out....there is always someone faster.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
May C&D "25 Cars Worth Waiting For" - GT500 conspicuously absent? Number 1 was the ME Vette - looks nice, and is said to be available with a 9000rpm 5.5L DOHC FPC V8, which will eventually be available turbocharged!
If it really turns 9k rpm I have a lot of saving to do.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Is the rumor for all next gen covettes being mid engine true? If that 5.5l fpc v8 turnes out to be their base engine and they keep the weight down, all hell will cut loose! 3300 lb with 500+ hp and perfect weight distribution!!!! Damn!

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Is the rumor for all next gen covettes being mid engine true? If that 5.5l fpc v8 turnes out to be their base engine and they keep the weight down, all hell will cut loose! 3300 lb with 500+ hp and perfect weight distribution!!!! Damn!
The two corvettes will co-exist for a few years. Both FR and MR will have the 460HP 6.2L NA as base engine (Maybe it gets a bump in hp when used in the ME Corvette though)

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Ford does a FPC, then the Gigantic Mistake wants to do one.:lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I think someone mentioned it earlier but I really like how the prototype in the pictures has the new taillights with the 15-17 headlights. The 18+ headlights still haven't grown on me very much though they do look better in person. For some reason when i see the new mustangs it just instantly makes me think of the "grumpy cat". On the other hand I kind of want to add the new taillights to my '16 but I think it would be a bit too subtle for me to justify the price at the moment. I am a big fan of the additional sharp lines they add to the rear though.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I was hoping National Mustang Day might bring at least some more official images from the GT500 render in the teaser video but instead we got a Nascar teaser...

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
what was snobby about it was the worthless comment; unecessary. I am not in the market and what i've seen so far is disappointing to say the least. i dont care about 8 second drag cars since my car is an everyday/weekend cruiser, its being built as a triple threat. Judging based on the pricing for the GT 350 which I was in the market for, and would never pay gouging dealer markups, i could easily see the gt500 eclipsing $100K. So, as much as I would have been interested, the shady dealer mark-ups throws me out.
Also, a few years back, someone showed a rendered beefed up version of a gt350 that looked sinister. The first looks at this gt500 and that squared up front bumper doesnt look fierce; so all in all, i'm underwhelmed. And honestly, after i'm done with suspension mods and drivetrain, I do think my modded GT would give it a serious run on a track.
I would not call what Blue said as snobby but truthful really. You can literally make any car fast. There is a 92 Civic that run at Palm Beach that does 1/4 in 8 secs.

The discussion though is what the Gt500 will be when it comes out. If your happy with your 15 Procharge, then you would never be in the market for this car in the first place. To say though your car will whip this one...well that remains to be seen. A modded car vs stock is always a crazy convo to be have, but a Procharger on a 15 does not make a world beater. In truth, unless you have done some significant upgrades, it doubtful a 15 Procharge Mustang will take the new GT500 in straight line at all. But I could be wrong.

In the end it will be interesting to see what the GT500 is capable of, and what the cost will be. I am excited to see what comes next. Then of course the discussion of how fast it is or should be can be had. But as demon owners are finding out....there is always someone faster.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
what was snobby about it was the worthless comment; unecessary.
I'm sorry to say it, but your first comment about it wasn't that "valuable" or "necessary" either so... :shrug:

What blue said is true though...

And quoting Ninjak
If your happy with your 15 Procharge, then you would never be in the market for this car in the first place. To say though your car will whip this one...well that remains to be seen. A modded car vs stock is always a crazy convo to be have, but a Procharger on a 15 does not make a world beater. In truth, unless you have done some significant upgrades, it doubtful a 15 Procharge Mustang will take the new GT500 in straight line at all. But I could be wrong.

Let's wait and see what Ford has to offer.