Sponsored

18 Manifold P2005 Code (Help)

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
Hey guys, my tuning finally got straightened out. I just wanted to make sure before i finally got back on here. Alex sent me a new tune that caused my car to run much better but it did cause a 2006 code to throw like mentioned in some of the previous posts. I sent him the new logs and let him know, and he sent me a new revision that i uploaded today. The car ran great today and i didn't have any codes throw yet. I think that the P2005 codes and P2006 codes are directly related to the tuning process and the voltage that is applied to the sensors. If you are getting either of the codes and you believe your wiring is correct it is very likely that it is the tune that is messed up.

Also side note, P2005 is Bank 2 IMRC stuck open, and P2006 is Bank 2 IMRC stuck close if i read correctly.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Wow complete opposites what they told me.

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
yeah it sucks man they can't keep all their heads together. Annoying that we are having fingers pointed at us when it isn't our faults.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah it sucks man they can't keep all their heads together. Annoying that we are having fingers pointed at us when it isn't our faults.
For real. Quick to tell us to lock them out and make their job easier. Well i replied to them again. See what they say.

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
i pulled my manifold due to them, I'm going to try to get a hold of someone and get some compensation. They cost me my time, I'm sure it took me longer to pull my manifold and check and redo wiring than it would for them to cut me a good e85 tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Same here, I am 100% sure my wiring is good I guess ill have to have them revise the tune. So how did the tune fix it though? Did they update it or something?

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
They shot me a revision and poof. No more problems.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Those that have the codes turned off in the revisions, are your datalogs showing the IMRCs operating properly? Im installing Sat and want to know everything I need to know when it comes times to send my logs in to Brandon at Lund.

Matt

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
As far as I know the codes were not turned off. The voltage was fixed allowing them to function properly which in turn keeps the CEL from coming on. If you could simply tune out the IMRC'S then there would be no reason to buy lockouts.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Yeah thats my thought as well. I would hate to go thru the trouble of keeping them for the code to simply be tuned out and the IMRCs stuck open all the time. Thats why I ask if any of yall have verified that they do in fact open and close properly.

Matt

Sponsored

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
I'm not quite sure what I need to he looking for in the datalog to check honestly, but gauging by the type of torque I had under initial throttle when mine was stuck open to what the torque feels like now I would say it is working.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
as for me they stand firm that its my wiring. wish they would chime in here. I've driven the car bit now and still drives good with revision. I wouldn't say perfect but close from what I can tell. I am also still throwing code p2006 and noticed also p2007. I am going to try to swap the IMRC plugs and see if that helps. if not I am just going to lock out. just sucks I need to pull intake again.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
as for me they stand firm that its my wiring. wish they would chime in here. I've driven the car bit now and still drives good with revision. I wouldn't say perfect but close from what I can tell. I am also still throwing code p2006 and noticed also p2007. I am going to try to swap the IMRC plugs and see if that helps. if not I am just going to lock out. just sucks I need to pull intake again.

that's what I am afraid of, having to pull the intake to install lockouts.

Dgk910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2016 6 speed 5.0
I'm not sure what your issue is. I believe it could very well be tuning, but I never had a p2006 code. Only p2005 before the first revision and then a p2006 after it. I'm on the 2nd revision and everything seems great so far.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's what I am afraid of, having to pull the intake to install lockouts.
yea it sucks.

side note. does anyone know if these are side specific? you know how stock there was one on left and one on right bottom of intake. on 18 its both on the passenger side but one on top and one on bottom.
Sponsored